What Annoyed You Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yesterday I took my boat out with my neighbors,grand daughter and boy friend and was having a really good time until it was time to go home, friggin engine wouldn't start. Ironically I have 2 trolling batteries that I could of tried but I had taken my tools out when I cleaned the boat. So after calling a tow service who tried a couple of times to jump the boat it finally started and we were in limp home mode, took forever. long story short 300$s for the jump service(would of been over 500$s if towed to where I launched. And finally 400$s for a new marine AGM battery that's warrantied for 4 years...Yeeehaaa got to love boats..

You know what "boat" stands for right?

Bust
Out
Another
Thousand

1. Semi Truck drivers trying to pass other semi trucks driving 10 mph below the speed limit and only driving 1/2 mph faster than the other Semis. Its like an elephant race, and you have 3 miles cars behind them bumper to bumper because of it.

2. The Ford F350 Pick Up driver with the confederate flags and other stickers all over his rusted bucket of bolts who does not seem to understand you can't run the Semi that is in the way off the road and he is literally only feet from your bumper honking his horn and giving you the finger.

He was so close there was no way he would not have hit me if I had.
Over here that is normal procedure for nearly everyone under twenty five - if I duct taped a 14" television to the boot they could
wind down there window and hear it as well as see it.

1. Semi Truck drivers trying to pass other semi trucks driving 10 mph below the speed limit and only driving 1/2 mph faster than the other Semis. Its like an elephant race, and you have 3 miles cars behind them bumper to bumper because of it.
Late one night back in the 90's, coming home late from a TDY, I got behind two Coke 18 wheelers, flying formation, one in the right lane and one in the left, doing about 50 mph. They must have been trading info on RPMs versus MPH or something. I just sat there, wishing I had a videocamera.

Another time, driving up I-95 in my pickup, I decided that 55 mph behind an old flatbed truck with a flapping tarp was too slow in the Right lane. I bumped up the cruise control to 60 and moved over into the Left lane to pass him. I got back in the Right lane and found he had moved into the Left lane and was sitting there just behind me. He soon had a mile of angry drivers behind him. An 18 wheeler came up and sat on my bumper. I moved the cruise control up to 65 and nothing changed. I then moved it up to 70 and all was the same. At this point I decided that this was all dangerous as hell, said, "Okay, let's see if y'all can do 80." figuring I had a good excuse if the Highway Patrol pulled me over. I moved sharply away from them and from a half mile away I watched in my rearview as the flapping tarp truck was frantically trying to get the the Right lane to exit. Neither the 18 wheeler nor any of the the other drivers he had P.Oed was having it.

Over here that is normal procedure for nearly everyone under twenty five - if I duct taped a 14" television to the boot they could
wind down there window and hear it as well as see it.

I hate to generalize but here where I live its your average Ford or Chevy pickup driver. They are also the idiots that drive 15 to 20 over the speed limit when there is ice on the road. "If you skerd, then stay the F home!" (I had one at work actually say that.).

I want to put a sticker on my car that says "If you are going to ride my ass, at least pull my hair." I'm sure that will completely trigger them though. :lol:

I recall being out for a run and seeing on a road no more than 1/4 mile from my house a pickup truck driving at no more than 15 mph on a 25 mph road, followed by a man on a small motor scooter who was no more than 3 ft off his bumper, if that. Shortly after they passed me I heard cursing. I assume that the guy in the pickup found the address he was looking for and stopped, with the result that the motor scooter banged into the truck. Some people know less about physics than do dogs.

I hate to generalize but here where I live its your average Ford or Chevy pickup driver. They are also the idiots that drive 15 to 20 over the speed limit when there is ice on the road. "If you skerd, then stay the F home!" (I had one at work actually say that.).

I want to put a sticker on my car that says "If you are going to ride my ass, at least pull my hair." I'm sure that will completely trigger them though. :lol:

A couple of years back I was driving into Brisbane on the freeway and it was pissing down so hard that all the professional and intelligent drivers (ie truckies and smart people) were doing between 50 and 60 KMH (about 30-35mph) with wide spacing in the slow lane and we were being passed by utter morons towing caravans doing the full 100kmh/60mph.

Others who did not have deadlines to meet (flight to catch in my case) pulled off to the side of the road. I wish I could have.

Others who did not have deadlines to meet (flight to catch in my case) pulled off to the side of the road. I wish I could have.
In some cases that is the right thing to do but it is just not possible. If there is an exit where you can get off the road, Okay. But just pulling onto the shoulder is a good way to get rear-ended at high speed. Sometimes the only thing you can do is get in sight of the taillights of a big truck a few hundred feet away and follow him, presumably at reduced speed. And then exit onto another road when you can.
Radar for big trucks to warn them of obstacles ahead has been around since the 1980's; too bad we do not have more of that in use. I read of a 18 wheeler going through the dense fog on the Interstate in the Dakotas. He had a radar that told him when something was a certain distance away by illuminating a series of lights, exactly like a WW2 tail warning radar. One of the other truck drivers called on CB and asked how he always seemed to know when they were about to encounter slow moving traffic in the Right lane. He told them he had radar and ended up leading a long line of trucks through the fog.

I have been spending an inordinate amount of time fixing lawn mowers. The latest problem seems to be a fuel leak.

LawnMowerWork.png

Not today but Friday. I was sent out a half hour early to assist with a shovel move. I loathe shovel moves but I was chosen for two reasons: my grader is the only one with rippers which makes it easier to attach cable slings and the pit services crew hates the other grader operator on shovel moves. This is what I was dragging...

1692825714171.png

2kms. of cable weighs about 13,000kgs. This is the size of the cable

1692826790725.png

This is the route, left to right

1692826432364.png

Why do I hate shovel moves? The shovel has a top speed of 1km/h and my grader has a low speed of 2km/h so I'm on the brake and inching pedals all the time. This one took 7 hours to complete

Not today but Friday. I was sent out a half hour early to assist with a shovel move. I loathe shovel moves but I was chosen for two reasons: my grader is the only one with rippers which makes it easier to attach cable slings and the pit services crew hates the other grader operator on shovel moves. This is what I was dragging...

2kms. of cable weighs about 13,000kgs. This is the size of the cable

This is the route, left to right

Why do I hate shovel moves? The shovel has a top speed of 1km/h and my grader has a low speed of 2km/h so I'm on the brake and inching pedals all the time. This one took 7 hours to complete

Quitchya bitchin'! Ya get paid by the hour dontchya?

I recall a friend of mine in Oklahoma who needed to move a farm tractor and did not have a suitable trailer. So they drove it the whole way, using the back roads, of course. It was over 100 miles. Took almost all of one weekend.

You know how you drive 400 miles of 60 to 70 miles and hour and when you get off the Interstate and are heading down the roads in your neighborhood it feels like you are barely crawling? When those guys got off the tractor and headed down the Interstate in their cars they must have felt like they were supersonic.

Several decades ago on a visit to Kansas an old fellow drove up on a very tall farm tractor, the kind used in corn fields. The driver mounts and dismounts by climbing the wheel. After the man drove away, I was told he was ninety two and had to give up his drivers license at ninety. As there was no license required to operate farm tractors on public roads at that time, I was told the man had a few days earlier just driven his tractor to Topeka and back because the Social Security folks wanted to see him in person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back