What Annoyed You Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It has been one of those good news - bad news days.

The bad news is the new 1TB SSD in my main computer has failed. IF I am lucky I get it back late Friday.

The good news is related to the above post about the stupidity of the Aus Copyright Act. A friend went into one of the two libraries in that story and asked if he could copy those pages and they said no, the document is in a storage location and marked as fragile and then asked why. He showed them my email (same wording as above) and the person who he spoke to told him that this was a common problem and that the easy way around it was for them to scan the pages then post them on line for a short time. Because no-one has officially requested them they are not covered by the new copyright and because the original is out of copyright I can use them any way that I want. He will text me when done - they have a backlog of this sort of stuff so it will take a few weeks.

That library deserves a double bacon with a side of bacon but identifying them will probably turn the copyright nazis loose on them so I will not identify them.

EDIT And I have also just located another copy of the Panther manual and I will get my hands on it for a few hours on my next trip to Brisbane,

Last edited:

At least there were no yada yada's in his report because that would have meant your CT would be followed by an MRI or PET scan.

Last edited:
Doctor called me last night as I was driving home from work and said inconclusive results yada yada yada, CT Scan scheduled for this afternoon.
bugga. Don't give up hope though

I am coming up 9 years since diagnosed with leukemia and was promised I would need chemo within two years. Never had chemo and been putting on weight for 8 years now so sometimes you can beat the curse. I was lucky in that I had a dietician for my diabetes who did research and determined my specific leukemia feeds on certain foods so put me on a real shit of a diet. It works so I have a love hate relationship with it.

Pet peeve, why do people need to tell me "You look like schmitt" when I'm not feeling well. Don't they think I already know I look like schmitt? Do they think it helps to point it out?

Pet peeve, why do people need to tell me "You look like schmitt" when I'm not feeling well. Don't they think I already know I look like schmitt? Do they think it helps to point it out?
You may not know you look how you feel.
Plus, maybe you feel like schmitt, but think you aren't as schmitty as you feel.

A clumsy way to express concern for a friend who doesnt look well, perhaps?

Sick. Just hope it isn't that irritating covid. I am sick (literally) of covid. Poor kids all feeling like caca too. Staff and kids are absent too.

Last edited:
Sick. Just hope it isn't that irritating covid. I am sick (literally) of covid. Poor kids all felling like caca too.

Its started here in my family too. Since my kids started going back to school this school year they have had a stomach bug, and strep throat. And of course whatever they get, my wife and I get.

I'm sick of being sick…

My wife is a teacher at their school and her class is already missing 5 kids out sick.

Users who are viewing this thread