What are your worst movies??

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
What's with all these new bl**dy kick and wave flicks coming......footloose and what not, what happened to good quality movies!?

Anyhoo, what's your alltime worst movies, those that you'd rather stick needles in your eyes than watch ever again.....those, where it doesn't matter how drunk you are, their still sh*te!

Aye, it's Monday.....it's my God given right to rant, particularly on a Monday!! :lol:

"The Hunters" certainly has to rank near the bottom for aviation films. It was produced the same year I was and I have aged better. This film is one the few places you can see more Sabre silliness than in the "Greatest Jet Fighter" thread. The best thing in this film is May Britt's cool sexiness. She's "George"! The movie is based on a much better book (whata surprise).

Last edited:
The Relic or The Cube early 2000's -space alien horror, a real 'bottom of the film barrel' film... Pearl Habor U571 are also imo subject to barrel scrapings.

I really would never have guessed that many movies are BS

Last edited:
Worst movie? ummmm. 'inglorious bastards' I thought it was utter sh*ite.
'Saving Private Ryan' brilliant start and petered out to the usual cringeworthy Hollywood nonsense. Pity.
Cheers
John

Geez, where to start? I'd like to nominate the ENTIRE "romantic/teen comedy" genre. How so many women can find any realism in a bunch of movies that are more fantasy than the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy, I'll never know. "Thin Red Line" was pretty bad, too, and I nearly chewed a foot off to escape from "The Beach" with Lionardo DiCrappio. My top pick, however, has to go to "To Die For" with Nicole Kidman. Brainscrub, please!!!!

You are a saint amongst us sinners. Let me tempt you to join us by encouraging your move from the virtue of tolerance to the sin of intolerance. Have you ever seen "A.I."?

How about .. Flyboys ?
Its also amusing to see how 'flyboy' has two different meanings depending which side of the Atlantic you hail from.

My top worst film is....

Battle of the Bulge

It started out well enough, but it just degenerates into a laughable shambles, from fighting a tank battle in the desert to Telly Savalas' over the top antics (I'm gonna stay here and wait for the Ger-mans.)

Yeah ok Telly...having a turkish?
I should coca

John

"Hardware", "Supernova", "Office Space", "Grease 1 2", "Camp", pretty much any musical, oh and "The Wizard of Oz"

Typically I would agree as I'm not a musical movie type guy either and with Grease 2, I gotta agree 100%, but Grease 1 was HUGE and is still extremely popular. Wizard of Oz in 1939 was ground breaking stuff. But I get it....you don't like them and that's cool. I just have a different opinion is all.

I would have to say on any WW2 forum that Pearl Harbor should always win this category. Others that come to mind are WaterWorld and Battlefield Earth.

Typically I would agree as I'm not a musical movie type guy either and with Grease 2, I gotta agree 100%, but Grease 1 was HUGE and is still extremely popular. Wizard of Oz in 1939 was ground breaking stuff. But I get it....you don't like them and that's cool. I just have a different opinion is all.

I would have to say on any WW2 forum that Pearl Harbor should always win this category. Others that come to mind are WaterWorld and Battlefield Earth.

Can totally respect your opinions amigo, but at the risk of totally getting banned from this, my beloved forum, I liked Pearl Harbor for what it was...an action packed schlocky movie hung (very) loosely on the framework of America's entry into WWII. As for WaterWorld, I thought the first half was pretty decent, but the second half sucked…and not in a good way! But at least it wasn't as bad as the other Costner bomb, The Postman. And as for Battlefield Earth, I liked that also, but that in no way should lead you to think that I'm affiliated with Scientology! LOL

Can totally respect your opinions amigo, but at the risk of totally getting banned from this, my beloved forum, I liked Pearl Harbor for what it was...an action packed schlocky movie hung (very) loosely on the framework of America's entry into WWII. As for WaterWorld, I thought the first half was pretty decent, but the second half sucked…and not in a good way! But at least it wasn't as bad as the other Costner bomb, The Postman. And as for Battlefield Earth, I liked that also, but that in no way should lead you to think that I'm affiliated with Scientology! LOL

Heh. I think I'm the only person in the world that actually liked "Waterworld"...although, yeah, the ending was rather interesting. The peaks of the Himalayas all of a sudden have beaches and waterfalls and palm trees? After the world floods to a depth where dim sunlight still filters through and a couple of road flares are all that are needed to illuminate an entire city? Oh, well, most good sci-fi/fantasy/post-apocalypse stuff breaks down if analyzed too deeply (sorta like "Pearl Harbor"), but if watched with disbelief suspended, purely for brain-shrivelling entertainment, they're good. "Pearl Harbor", not so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back