What Cheered You Up Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

biscuits and gravy for breakfast..and chips and bean dip for lunch..and now beer lol Yeah I know that's not exactly a healthy diet for my health right now but I dont care! it cheered me up lol

Visited dad at the hospital again today; it isn't very far from work, so I walked over there.
He was happily surprised, and to my great and most positive surprise, he was feeling really great today. :bounce: They've given him two bags of plasma yesterday, and that has helped a lot. :)
He went to the physiotherapist today, to get instructions in how to take care of himself, handle himself and do things without putting too much stress on his own body - and he felt that the therapist and the instructions was really useful. :)
He was in a great mood and feeling good, he had even had a shower today all by himself (the nurse was there just for safety's sake), and he has started walking around all over the place, without using his walker. :thumbleft: :thumbright:
So if the heart scans look good tomorrow, he might go home tomorrow afternoon. :D
AND get away from the horrible hospital food, and go back home to mom's good food. ;)

Visited dad at the hospital again today; it isn't very far from work, so I walked over there.
He was happily surprised, and to my great and most positive surprise, he was feeling really great today. :bounce: They've given him two bags of plasma yesterday, and that has helped a lot. :)
He went to the physiotherapist today, to get instructions in how to take care of himself, handle himself and do things without putting too much stress on his own body - and he felt that the therapist and the instructions was really useful. :)
He was in a great mood and feeling good, he had even had a shower today all by himself (the nurse was there just for safety's sake), and he has started walking around all over the place, without using his walker. :thumbleft: :thumbright:
So if the heart scans look good tomorrow, he might go home tomorrow afternoon. :D
AND get away from the horrible hospital food, and go back home to mom's good food. ;)

That's good to hear. Here's to your father getting sprung from captivity soon;)

Visited dad again today together with mom.
The heart scan showed that his heart wasn't beating with the proper rhytm, so off he went, got anaesthe...anae...knocked out, they gave him a jolt of electricity, and bingo! Heart now beats with the proper rhytm. :thumbleft:
When we visited him, he had just woken up and was busy digging into a couple of cheese sandwiches and a big glass of milk. :)
I'm just glad that they make damned sure that everything's okay before they let him go. :)
And he looked a lot better today, so I'll take that as a good sign.
I don't know what plans they've got for him tomorrow, so I'll call mom tomorrow afternoon to check if dad has called her and told her anything new.

Last edited:
Got called into a meeting with my boss last, was a little worried at first. Turned out to be a good thing. He offered me a promotion at work, taking over for the gentlemen in our engine shop who passed away a month or two back. Kind of bittersweet, but am excited for the opportunity as I was wanting to do something different here, I've been up front in sales for going on 11 years now.

if anyone is curious I met Vic Balshaw and his wife for a short visit and gave him a very quick tour of the Falls , limited by the approaching night . Wish it could have been a little longer but he was time limited. Here is a pic of Vic and spouse at the Whirlpool forgot to mentiom that the Whirlpool goes the correct way up here and one of Vic and I

Attachments

• P1011146 (800x600) (2).jpg
    P1011146 (800x600) (2).jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 124
  • P1011149 (600x800).jpg
    P1011149 (600x800).jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 114

Users who are viewing this thread

Back