What Cheered You Up Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A pretty lady called me "cutie" today.
Or it may have been, "Get away from me you old b@stard".
My hearing isn't what it used to be...

The two glass-fronted, oak display cabinets I ordered arrived this morning, bang on the dot of 08.00 hrs, as notified.
I got them from a small company in Lincolnshire, who deal in slight seconds, slightly damaged, returned stock etc. They're 'Hygena', and normally cost £499 each, but from this company were a tad over £200 for the pair, delivered !
And the 'slight damage' ? A small scratch on the back of each cabinet - where it faces the wall!
I can now start putting the house back together, after moving furniture, books and models, to make room.

Its our national sport, full of dare devil excitement, honour and effort.
A lot pretend to hate football...but, in their heart of hearts they LOVE the beautifull game :)

Got up this morning at 3am to drive to Dayton Ohio and arrived at the National Museum of the USAF 8 hours later where I proceeded to walk around taking 500+ pictures in 4 hours.

On the truly pathetic side, I could not find the B-36 at first. It's not like it takes up an entire room or anything! :oops:

That is keen. Long drive !
Will you post your pics at some stage? I would love to see them.
I had to look up B36... if you have said Convair I would have known :)
Glad you enjoyed your trip

Got up this morning at 3am to drive to Dayton Ohio and arrived at the National Museum of the USAF 8 hours later where I proceeded to walk around taking 500+ pictures in 4 hours.

On the truly pathetic side, I could not find the B-36 at first. It's not like it takes up an entire room or anything! :oops:
That place is fantastic isn't it David. Only 400 pictures? I think I took over 1000 last time I was there. I always feel like a kid in a candy store when I'm there. Being there only 4 hours you must not have gotten to the Presidential Aircraft/Research and Development hangers which are well worth it, and the behind the scenes tour is wonderful but you have to sign up ahead for that. How ever could you miss the B-36, It's like a big silver mountain sitting in that last hanger :lol:

Sure you couldn't find it...you were standing underneath it looking at all the other aircraft...took you a while to realize it was above you the whole time! :lol:

Just kidding, man! Glad to hear you got pics, hope you'll be sharing some!

Something like that happened to me the first time I was there. I was wandering around taking pictures and realized that the lights seemed dimmer. I had wandered under the engines of the XB-70 and hadn't realized it. :lol:

No that's exactly what happened I'd walked under the bleeping thing several times then went upstairs to the little café (with a balcony) I looked out and low and behold, nothing but B-36. I felt like an idiot! :lol

Because of the sequestration, the Prez R&D Section has been shut down.

This morning I got there and topped the 1,000 mark then had the opportunity of visiting the museums archives. I have died and gone to heaven!

Does this mean it's permanently closed down?!!
Why is it that, Politicians everywhere only care about saving money today (so that they won't be out of pocket!), and don't give a monkey's about heritage, sacrifice, and the memory of those who allowed them to live in order to line their pockets? But they'll gladly allocate funds for 'aid' overseas - if it serves their purpose, or makes them look good.
Shower of ******** and ***** !!

From their website:

The Presidential and Research Development Galleries, located on the controlled-access portion of Wright-Patterson AFB, were closed beginning May 1, 2013, until further notice, as part of budget reduction requirements due to sequestration. Shuttle bus service to those galleries, as well as the Behind the Scenes Tours of the restoration area, also was discontinued.

The 2 folks that helped me have a 1 day a week furlough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back