What Cheered You Up Today? (5 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Got an email from the online store I bought my AirFix 1:48 P-40 from over a month ago. Had not received it and was beginning to wonder. The email stated that my kit was now in stock (I had not been aware it was backordered) and since I had 2 other orders in he was able to combine them and refund me a fair bit of shipping charges. Refund showed up in my bank before his email arrived!

Just received a "new" rifle I ordered about a month ago. It's a 1949 Winchecster Model 75 Target Rifle (cheaper version of the Model 52. Quick glance shows it to look almost new. Had another one from 1943 with US Gov't markings and it was a tack driver, hope this one is as well.
Oh, and I just found out my M1 Garand I had rebuild has shipped and should be in my mitts early next week.

Now if I didn't have a massive sinus infection and corresponding throbbing headache I would go out and shoot this weekend.

Karl and I have just booked the flights, hotel, and car hire for our five day trip to northern Holland in early June.
We'll be meeting up with Marcel at the Oostwold airshow, and also meeting up with Sander (Kingscoy) at Arnhem, so it should be a good trip !
We had intended going in the 'Tin Tent', but it's a lot of driving time to get there, for a relatively short stay, so we're flying direct to Groningen, which allows more free time 'in country'.
Pics will, of course, follow after our return.

The mixed bag of M1 Garand parts I sent off to the Gunsmith to assemble into a complete rifle came back to me today. New barrel, new Tiger Stripe Walnut stock set, and all the old parts re-parkerized. Looks awesome, can't wait to send some bullet down range.
Talk about a 50+year old feeling like a 8 year old on Christmas morning!!!

Karl and I have just booked the flights, hotel, and car hire for our five day trip to northern Holland in early June.
We'll be meeting up with Marcel at the Oostwold airshow, and also meeting up with Sander (Kingscoy) at Arnhem, so it should be a good trip !
We had intended going in the 'Tin Tent', but it's a lot of driving time to get there, for a relatively short stay, so we're flying direct to Groningen, which allows more free time 'in country'.
Pics will, of course, follow after our return.

Sounds good...taking your own personal Chef....wow..!:D

Sounds good...taking your own personal Chef....wow..!:D

Now there's a point.
I could offer to loan the hotel 'my man' to supervise in the kitchen - if I wanted to wake up in a hospital bed with tubes coming out of various parts of my body !

You guys are not even funny.

I have not learned to cook in Dutch yet !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back