What Cheered You Up Today? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My new compressor fitting arrived, for my new compressor! Old one died of explosive decompression after the casting that holds the outlet valve was struck by the vacuum cleaner. So I ordered a new compressor a TC-20T but the outlet valve was 1/8th and my line has a 1/4 inch end on it. Could not find one locally so had to order one online. The new one is so much quieter! Found it for 99USD with free shipping on eBay and it arrived 2 days after ordering it! With free shipping?!?!? Who says customer service is dead!

Between working too much, and weather I finally got some flight time for the first time in a month in this week.

First got some King Air turbo prop time earlier this week. Had removed the left wing for maintenance, and went up on a stall test flight after reinstalling the wing. After the test pilot was done with his stalls, I took the controls and flew her back to the airport.

Then this morning the weather was just too nice to pass up. Took the Cherokee up for a lil over an hour just flying around locally. Clear blue and calm at altitude. A bit bumpy and windy when I landed though.

Flying is the cure for everything...

Bad news is I had to be at work today at 4:00 am but the good news is I get to go home at noon!!!
In some parts of France that is the normal shift system. 4AM-12 12-20 20-4. That is difficult if you are French with a French house. I was in a team of 18 men It drove our hotel staff nutz, their other guests nuts as well as driving us near insane. Just after 6 men got up and showered dressed to leave at 3.30AM they had another group of 6 coming in at 4.30AM after finishing the night shift. No French restaurant anywhere even opened before 7PM so it was big Macs and steak frites from Monday to Friday.

Getting to go to Valley Animal Center to see my little Trixie. She has been in there for over a week being treated for Cleptosporidia. Hopefully, she may come home this week. Trixie is my permanent foster dog and I've been going every day to bath her and give her attention so that she won't feel abandoned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back