What Is The Last Movie/Show You Saw?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

These days I'm watching Slovakian mini series called "Alžbetin dvor" ("Elisabeth's Castle" in translation). The series was filmed in Czechoslovakia in 1986 and its based on the novel written by Hana Zelinova. This is a family saga with story fallowing several generations of noble Fabici family from Napoleonic wars up to the First World War. I've just watched part three (of six) yesterday.

These days I'm watching Slovakian mini series called "Alžbetin dvor" ("Elisabeth's Castle" in translation). The series was filmed in Czechoslovakia in 1986 and its based on the novel written by Hana Zelinova. This is a family saga with story fallowing several generations of noble Fabici family from Napoleonic wars up to the First World War. I've just watched part three (of six) yesterday.

Sounds interesting. :eating: :coffee:

Originally Posted by imalko

Sounds interesting...

Yes, it is. It's like Slovakian version of North and South in a way. :D
I made a mistake in my original post, the time frame of the series is 1812-1945 so the events of WW2 are also covered. The events in the series are taking place in Turec region in Slovakia...

Independence Day

They might be making a sequel...I enjoyed the 'first'.

Independence Day 2 News
Director has 'really good story.'
by Orlando Parfitt, IGN UK

UK, October 13, 2009 - Here's a project we haven't heard about for a while -- a sequel to mega-bucks sci-fi blockbuster Independence Day. Way back in 2003 director Roland Emmerich and writer Dean Devlin confirmed they were working on s script, but since then we've not heard much about the film.

Until now that is, with Latino Review quizzing the helmer whilst he was doing press for his latest movie 2012. Emmerich told them why the sequel has taken so long to get off the ground:

"Dean Devlin and I are still set to make a sequel because we've found some sort of idea and we approached [studio 20th Century] Fox and Fox has not quite figured out how to incorporate Dean's and my deal, and Will's [Smith] deal. Will wants to do it in some sort of a package they can live with.

"So it's just been in negotiations now since forever, and naturally Fox says "Why don't you do it without Will Smith?" I said Will is essential for us, for this movie and actually for the audience too. And, so, it's in limbo and lately the studios are fighting. Like gross players, and Will is a gross player and is probably the only gross player right now who's worth his gross. So we'll see what happens. I would love to do it."

Emmerich wouldn't elaborate on the plot, but insisted: "There's a very really great story, a very cool one."

So there you go, it seems if the studio is prepared to pay for Smith, then we could, just maybe, get a sequel to one of the biggest summer movies of recent times. Your thoughts please!

I love Independence Day. I know it's cheesy, overlong, stupidly America-centric and has plot holes you could fit a mothership through, but I still think it's brilliant. The dogfights are thrilling and his speech is corny genius.

Just watched Tropic Thunder again..................awesome film!

I love Independence Day. I know it's cheesy, overlong, stupidly America-centric and has plot holes you could fit a mothership through, but I still think it's brilliant. The dogfights are thrilling and his speech is corny genius.

Just watched Tropic Thunder again..................awesome film!
What a coincidence !! I also was Tropic Thunder yesterday! I absolutely loved it. Great acting. Cruise stole the show though.

Also loved the fake movie trailers at the beginning of the movie! :twisted:

Kris

What a coincidence !! I also was Tropic Thunder yesterday! I absolutely loved it. Great acting. Cruise stole the show though.

Also loved the fake movie trailers at the beginning of the movie! :twisted:

Kris

+1, now I have to see it again.:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back