What Is The Last Movie/Show You Saw?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

BB, if you ever find you need a date some night, I think VB might be willing to stand in!

About to watch "Up!" with the wife whilst the kiddo rampages through the house.

Monty Python's the Life of Bryon with my 8 year old son. He laughed harder then I did.

lol cool. Hope you guys had great fun, it's a classic.
I remember talking my poor old grandmother into watching it with me when it came out here in Denmark.
Man, did she get pi**ed off! Turned out she was pretty religious! Poor old Gran!

Yeah, I have nothing against either Kate Beckinsale OR Rhona Mitra:

Attachments

• kate-beckinsale.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 119
  • rhona-mitra01.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 121
Harry Brown

The plot's been done before but a good film nonetheless. Anyone could go along and enjoy this but the relevance to Brits or others living in the UK will be very marked. Don't take anything sharp in with you, the social backdrop will have you cutting your wrists.

Top performance from Michael Caine as ex-Marine pensioner Harry Brown who goes all Dirty Harry on the yobs terrorising his neighbourhood.

Pay attention to one of the druggies Harry goes to buy a gun from, he is brilliantly played; a scary, morally bankrupt, degenerate sleaze-bag. Naturally, Harry blows him away.

Deguchi no nai umi (Sea without exit) by Shochiku Movie 2006

Based on the book of same title writen by Hideo Yokoyama.

Among Japanese special attack weapons that carried out suicide attacks
near the end of World War II, some provided a slim chance for pilot
survival such as when a kamikaze plane developed engine trouble and
had to return to base or make a forced landing.

However, a kaiten, a torpedo piloted by one man, resulted in certain death to the pilot
once a submarine released it. Kaiten pilots in this well-researched novel express their
feelings as they face death, but some of these views arise more from modern-day
Japanese opinions toward war than actual kaiten pilot attitudes during the war.

Koji Namiki, being a pitcher for a university team, the discussion of
baseball takes up a large portion of this story. The author Hideo Yokoyama tries to
connect Namiki's baseball involvement with his kaiten pilot activities, but in the end
this relationship remains rather vague.

More of the story details....

I am impressed with not only the story itself but well researched reproduction of Kaiten and its
mothership I-36. I recommend this movie if English version may be available.

Attachments

• 005213922.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 130
  • 006073948.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 135

Users who are viewing this thread