What Is The Last Movie/Show You Saw? (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wildcat said:
Brotherhood Of War is a Korean movie so you'll have to read subtitles, but if that doesn't bother you it's a pretty damn good movie about two brothers who fight in the Korean war. Be warned it's very violent and realistic - puts Saving Private Ryan to shame!

My father fought in the Korean war. He would sometimes talk about how the Chinese would mass their troops to overrun a position. At one time, he operated a machine gun, although I don't know what type, so I'm sure he was a frequent target. I do recall him saying he would carry about 3 barrels in a pail of water and when one would get hot he'd grab it, put it in the pail, and put another barrel on and keep firing. He said the barrels were extremely hot but that didn't matter as much as trying to keep killing the Chinese. He also said the Turks used to build a big fire on a hill and act as if they were having party, fade back a bit, let the Chinse attack, then go in after them. I've seen photos of my father. He always had about 4 pistols, 2 rifles, and a small machine gun with him in a lot of them. He was once wounded while on patrol, they had stopped at a river and I guess the Chinese had pre-sighted the postition. He lost his best friend in that attack. I once heard him talk about how the Chinese once overran them and he and another man started running for their lives. The other man stopped to hide while my father told him to keep running. A moment later, he heard the man scream something like, "No! No!" before hearing several rounds fired.

Must have been a hard place to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back