Where I been lately.... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

beaupower32

Tech Sergeant
Jun 10, 2007
Lancaster, California
I have been extremely busy lately and have been unable to visit here as much as I like. Here is whats been going on.

1. My son turns 4 months old on September 18th. Boy sure is growing up fast.

2. I have just started my 3rd year in college and going towards a computer science degree. I just completed my CCAF (Community College of the Air Force) Degree in Aviation Maintenance. Classes are hard and taking up most of my time.

3. Undergoing a medical review board for my lower back. I got the informal results from Randolf AFB and they want to give me a 10% Disabiltiy rating with severence pay. I pretty much told them to shove it, and now I am going to Texas in October to go in front of the Formal board. There I will fight for a higher disablility rating or Retirement. I came into the Air Force healthy, injured myself while working, by god they can pay for my medical.

This is about all thats going on, so things are pretty hetic here. Hope everyone is doing good. Miss talking to yall.

You will want to get a second opinion from a non military doctor I think. I've known a few people hurt and military doctors aren't always looking out for your best interest.

Yeah, I have about 2 years worth of a off-base doctor's notes. He is the one that did my surgery also. He says I have Degenerative (Spelling?) Disc Disese/lumbago. He also states that I will need surgery about every 10 years or so.

Truly feel for u Beau with the DDD, as I'm right there with u... Pain every stinkin day...

Lemme ask u a question: Do u get sharp deep pains in/on ur front hip bones from time to time???

Yes, from time to time. Before my surgery, I had numbness down the back of my right leg to the calf mussle. Come to find out that a disc had shifted so far over it was crushing the nerves in the spinal canal. Had to have surger to correct that, plus some other things like cleaning out the defective area and trimming some bone/cartlage out.

Unfourtently, this will be something I deal with for the rest of my life. As Les can attest, this isnt the greatest feeling in the world, and sometimes hurts like a B!tch.

I really feel for you Beau, I've been there and got me a full redundancy package just prior to taking my full pension, so stick to your guns mate and good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back