WW2Aircraft.Net T-Shirt??? Yea or Nay...

WW2Aircraft.Net T-Shirt... Yea or Nay...

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, you're right...the 201st did have their national insignia on the starboard wing upper. Not sure why I forgot that. I don't recall if they had the insignia on the lower side, but here's a photo of a P-47 of the 201st in the PTO, and you can make out part of the Mexican insignia.

Attachments

• 201_Mexican_P-47_Velasco.jpg
    201_Mexican_P-47_Velasco.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 110
If its to include all participants, I think the only ones you are missing are Brazil, Mexico, Noway, Greece, and Denmark
What's the one to the left of China?
This would make an awesome shirt!

Denmark's insignia on plane wings during that period of time were a red circle with a white inner circle, so that's pretty simple.

41-407Farve.jpg

and Norway ? i sure wont buy any if my country is not present..hehe

allthough most of the war we flew under british flag ( as Norway was occupied ) but they had norwegian stripes on the spinner and a small splittflag ( like the danish above ) but our flag was always present on the side of the cockpit ( on spits and stuff )
like seen here on the last surviving Northrop N3PB

but that is a cool shirt.. :)

Attachments

• cockpits for book 008.jpg
    cockpits for book 008.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 124
Sweet design! And nobody gets to feel like their favorite plane was left out! :occasion5:

Maybe rearrange so that Axis insignia are all together, and Allied insignia? Heh. Allies on top, of course...we won!

Sweet design! And nobody gets to feel like their favorite plane was left out! :occasion5:

Maybe rearrange so that Axis insignia are all together, and Allied insignia? Heh. Allies on top, of course...we won!
I tried to balance the allies and the axis with the original design...

I need to get in and revise the design a little, but so far, I thinkthis might be what we're looking for.

And the cool thing is, if we can get this done before next spring, everyone can wear 'em to thier local airshows next season :thumbleft:

Ok...I had some time to sit down and add a few nations that had been suggested.

It's not easy juggling all the insignias around!

We still have to see what the mods think about the design, and as an idea, we could check with Clave and see how he goes about getting his designs printed on T-Shirts for his store.

Anyway, here's the latest design, and there is what looks to be "bleeding" on some of the colors. This is because I've made a smaller sized sample image to post here...and I'm too lazy to fix this sample! :lol:

Attachments

• ww2ac_shirt3-640.jpg
    ww2ac_shirt3-640.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 106
I like it Dave, and the idea about utilizing Clave's "Store" for getting it in motion....

As an addition, on the front we could do a small black outline shot of a specific fighter and the ww2aircraft.net name under it.... We could put together a Poll to see which aircraft steals the nipple show....

My bud, well done. That is most excellent and it represents all involved.. You have outdone yourself this time bud..

the bearded on approves.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back