1/48 Finnish Brewster dio "Unofficial GB"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

N4521U

Colonel
Nov 1, 2009
Miranda, NSW
Okay.
I guess I am the first posted entry to this "GB". I'll work on it till the Aces GB gets underway.

I guess I love a challenge. My intention is to make it a diorama "in the water" just as in the photo. I've gotten control surfaces in order to hack them up to make a skeleton of them and a cockpit kit to goop up with moss and other thingies.

I've scraped the cockpit walls and am forming the stiffeners to mount the cockpit pieces on. I flattened the rocker arm case on the undersides to attach push rod tubes. I'll paint the whole thing silver then us a salt resist to get the paint to look sluffed off from being in the water, my "plan" anyway.

So plenty of scratch build and mods. Lots of dirt and mud!
1a the box.jpg
1g accessories.jpg
1h cockpit.jpg
1i cocpit walls.jpg
1j engine.jpg
1k engine.jpg
1l first fit.jpg

Attachments

• 1a recovered.jpg
    1a recovered.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 267
Last edited:
This should be very interesting. I'll be watching this thread carefully and hopefully learning some new techniques! Good luck with this one!

What is the "topic" of this Unofficial GB?

I just tried to add "After the battle" and it wouldn't let me........

Gak, I'm not sure how much you will learn, but I do hope you see something you can use.
hawkeye2an, I just did a google and it came up with some stuff, Woodland's "realistic water" and will look into that first. So it's a starting point.

Any one ever use
realistic water" by Woodlands??

I'm using EnviroTex. See my 100th Anniversary thread under Start to Finish builds.

Andy

Have had a look, and it looks like what I am gonna want. Thing is I am going to try and make something about 10mm, 1/2", deep. It's got to be pretty muddy at the bottom and a little brownish clear at the top. Layers would be the best way I am guessing. I'm a bit excited about giving this a go!

Now thing is, is it available on this Island called Australia?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back