1/48 Finnish Brewster dio "Unofficial GB"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'll join in eventually, when I know I have a clear few months, as I'll be doing a 1/32nd scale Ju88, belly landed on the banks of the River Mersey, in October 1940.

Sounds good Terry!

Btw Bill, the two seats - I'm guesssing both type were used, bucket probably first, armoured later... our RNZAF boys sure needed any protection they could get in Singapore: 12 Buffaloes fought against about 300 Oscars...you can guess the outcome.

I've never had him return one of my emails. Very frustrating. I should be starting my Airfix (PO$) soon. No way will it ever be on par with what I'm seeing here.

Well,........... you should see, or maybe not, what I was doing to my kits 2 years ago. If I have improved, I put the blame on a whole lot of builders and their pictures and their help and guidance from this forum. Just go for it mate. Try something new each build.

I figured that about the seats, I take it the Finns were expendable so no armor. I got my CMK kits today, cockpit and control surfaces. I can't believe what they have in these things. The number of parts in each is amazing. I just hope I can do it justice.

I am going thru the decal site now. Sure are a bunch of the buggers. I'm on page 70. Can't find Finnish or a Brewster link to any.

Attachments

• 4 CMK cockpit.jpg
    4 CMK cockpit.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 4 CMK contrl srfcs.jpg
    4 CMK contrl srfcs.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 79
I can never turn down a donation!
Anything I can do for you??????

After receiving that incredible cockpit set, I stripped all the styrene I installed and am forging ahead with the CMK stuff, it's amazing the detail. I've got the side walls fitted, the wall behind the seat, swing peddles, cockpit floor is underway.

I need to get as much done as I can so I can get the Aces GB underway on time eh.

This is coming on very nicely Bill, you're doing yourself proud. Can't join in though, have to get the 262 finished before the coming holiday and the build is getting complicated.

Six miserable days in the hospital, I don't like getting old. Infection and fever. All over it now and back to my light work duties in the sign shop.

Been working on the cockpit, all them little details. New cast resin floor to replace the kit parts. Removed all my hard work on the side walls, cleaned them off and fitted the resin parts. In the picture is the top plate behind the seat with the canopy stiffener structure, kit parts on resin. The wall behind the seat and the floor under the seat. Cleaned off the gear legs, they are in the partially extended position in the recovery pictures, underwater. Next will come the controls on the side walls of the c-pit, the seat and supports and instrument panel.

Attachments

• 5 c-pit and gear legs.jpg
    5 c-pit and gear legs.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 93
Thanks for that Wayne.

Am doing very well actually, no residuals from the "problem" infection. Only worked 2-1/2 hours today and got to cut a little jig to support my plane on the router table, see photo.

Cleaned off the seat this arvo, broke off the seat rails so am having to replace them with wire. will attach this floor section to the one shown in place in the fuselage. Got the wheel halves together and cleaned up. The gear legs are to be folded but not seated fully. I sailor on before my Yak 1b gets here for the Aces GB.

Attachments

• 6 seat rails.jpg
    6 seat rails.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 85
Got the seat mounted and all the Stuff on the side walls. Next the control stick. Then a bunch of work on the control surfaces, ribs showing and fabric shredded. This is the realllly difffficult part.

Attachments

• 7 interior.jpg
    7 interior.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 74

Users who are viewing this thread

Back