1/48 Finnish Brewster dio "Unofficial GB"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Out of frustration with my Yak attack I have turned to my other builds. I'm putting the hinge plates on the control surfaces of this one, I just gotta get some paint on the thing!

Say................ am I the only one in this "GB"??????????????????????

Any way!
Put in some hinge points for the feathers.

Attachments

• 17a hinge points.jpg
    17a hinge points.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 99
  • 17b hinge points.jpg
    17b hinge points.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 103
Thanks fellas, you make an old man feel good.
We went away for the weekend, or most of it. Back this afternoon and I sat down while Annie was watching Jr Master Chef.......... and fit the control surfaces. Here's the results. Just some fine fitting before attaching and painting, or visa versa.

Attachments

• 18 cntrl srfcs.jpg
    18 cntrl srfcs.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 77
Thanks for all your positive "vibes". God I sound like I'm from Berzerkeley California! Only lived there in '64-'69! Yes, I do remeber the flower children.

More important things, it's silver now. I used Tamiya spray can gloss silver. Loads of flake in it. Last finish coat sprayed from about 18" to get top flake coverage and a little less gloss. Now I'll do some sponge dobbing the colors over it to look washed off.
Wish me luck.

Attachments

• 19 its silver.jpg
    19 its silver.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 100
Argh !!! Some great work here !!!
I don't understand, I didn't see this thread before: I think this website is too big for me !!! :lol:

regards, Steph

Users who are viewing this thread

Back