1/48 Me262B-1a/U1 "Red 8" - The Jet Age. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky thing you lost the original control stick because I'm guessing your scratched one looks better! And great wiring work in the well. A clean termination of multiple wires is not easy and you've managed to make it convincing AND neat. Excellent work!

Thanks guys. Summary of the week's work:

It seems that the only way anything fit on this model is to clamp. All interfering points have been removed to get the wings on, yet it still needed me to glue the front first, wait overnight, then clamp and glue the rear.

15080301.jpg

Though I had set the clamps to make the surface between the fuselage and wings more or less flush, it seems that the plastic crept over time and this required that some putty be applied to fill in the area,

15080302.jpg

With the wings on and the dihedral correctly set, I cut the leading edge slats out so that they could be displayed in the deployed position. Look how thick the frickin' plastic is!

15080303.jpg

With that done, the nacelles were installed using clamps yet again.

15080304.jpg

Big, ugly gaps between the nacelles and the mating wing cutouts.

15080305.jpg

The slat areas were filled with sheet styrene and then shaped. The top front and rear joints of the nacelle to the wing needed to be filled with CA glue and smoothed out. Then, a preliminary coat of primer was applied to see what has yet to be done.

15080306.jpg
15080307.jpg

Not bad for the first pass. Lots more filling, sanding, and rescribing to be done. I'm also toying with dropping the flaps as well.

Last edited:
You've done a tremendous job so far Andy. Thanks for giving me the link and get to know your Me262; I sure will be excellent reference now to start mine.

That cockpit and weel wells have master's hand !! 8)
I have the advantage that you're going clearing the way; several parts are the same as my Dragon.

I do not miss your process, and I will probably arise some questions.

Thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

Luis Carlos
SANCER

Thanks LC. Glad to help any time with any questions you might have. Progress is rather slow though as I tend to go a bit quicker in the cold winter months. This weekend will be a write-off as I'll be heading to an airshow near Vancouver. Two days of driving for one day of show, though the scenery makes it nice.

It will certainly be a very enjoyable trip, your country has wonderful landscapes !! :tongue9:

That everything runs smoothly in the airshow, good trip and look forward to your return.

Hopefully by then I have some of my 262

Un abrazo :thumbup:

Don't envy the seam work that's going into this one but it should look awesome once it's cleaned up. The slat and flap work should make this one really stand out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back