1/48th scale Hurricane MkIIc, 136 Sqn, India, 1943.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Enlighten me guys. What schanpps are you referring to as T-Stoff? My bar is stocked with Himbeergeist, Obstler, Roner Birnen Schnapps and several others.

'T Stoff' is the name Karl and I gave to the locally-made Czech Slivovic - a very dangerous plum vodka. The other rocket fuel we got a taste for was Becherovka, which of course we named 'C Stoff'.
The 'T Stoff' is the equivalent of the Polish-made version which Wojtek is familiar with.

Just don't mix them together!

Attachments

• nuclear-explosion.gif
    nuclear-explosion.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 158
Take cover!
Back on track - I've started on the final small details, with the radiator shutter and actuators, pics soon. Next job will be the display base, and I've got just under two weeks left to get it all finished, before delivering the model to Max on May 5th !!

Thanks Wojtek. I also have to complete a diorama of a P51B of the 361st FG, which I'm taking to Bottisham on the same day, for their new museum - lot of work to get done !
I'll post pics of that one separately.

No problem my friend !
Nearly there, with only a few details to complete before starting on the base.
PICS 1 and 2. The radiator shutter, actuators and support stays in place and painted. Just needs cleaning up, weathering and a matt clear coat on the shutter outer face.
PIC 3. The rudder actuators and trim tab horns fitted, but not yet trimmed or painted.
PIC 4. The retractable boarding step, made from plastic rod and strip. Again, not yet cleaned up or painted. This will be fitted last.
Still got to sort out the canopy, and fit the hand-hold cover, bead sight and IFF wires, and make the remaining navigation lamps. Thanks again for your continued interest, more pics soon.

Attachments

• BC Hurricane 197.jpg
    BC Hurricane 197.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 82
  • BC Hurricane 195.jpg
    BC Hurricane 195.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 89
  • BC Hurricane 198.jpg
    BC Hurricane 198.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 97
  • BC Hurricane 199.jpg
    BC Hurricane 199.jpg