1/48th scale Hurricane MkIIc, 136 Sqn, India, 1943.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Glenn, Greg and Cory. Yes, the stencils and badges on the prop were hand painted, as was the entire prop and spinner. But the markings are really only tiny dots and strokes, to simulate the small writing.
Greg, check the style of roundels and squadron codes for the period depicted for your model, as there were three styles in use between 1942 and 1943 onwards. Of course, if you have a reference pic, that will help.

Thanks Gerry. Yes, I'm fairly satisfied so far, but there are a couple of areas that could be better, even if they are in places which can't be seen much !

Just looked over Max's sholder and stopped in wonderment, what a brilliant job, sorry but i must say
i think i might prefer it to the Spit! brilliant work!!!!
Barbara
:)

Wow! Thanks Barbara! Seems a few people prefer this one to the Spit - maybe because it's humped -backed, aggressive but smooth, and ....handsome.(Bit like me really - not!)
Thanks very much Wojtek my friend - and I celebrated your Birthday tonight. Couldn't get any real 'T Stoff', so the Luftwaffe substitute had to do - Jaegermeister!

Thanks very much Wojtek my friend - and I celebrated your Birthday tonight. Couldn't get any real 'T Stoff', so the Luftwaffe substitute had to do - Jaegermeister!

That's very kind of you my friend. Thank you very much. :D However Jaegermeister isn't so good fuel like the 'T-Stoff ' is. In order to have the same firepower it has to be used in heaviness. I hope you are fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back