1/48th scale Hurricane MkIIc, 136 Sqn, India, 1943.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Bob, still a bit stiff, but I've managed to take a couple of pics. I did of course question the intelligence and ancestry of the person who caused the slight injury!
PIC 1. Another use for Tamiya tape! Due to the stiffness in my right arm, and limited grip, I had a competition between my left forefinger and a pair of very sharp scissors, whilst trimming some grape stalks for use on the base. Needless to say, the scissors won !!
PIC 2. I originally separated and trimmed the 'Squadron' vac-form canopy, but it's designed for the Hasegawa kit, and therefore a little too narrow to fit without popping off. So I reverted to the one I moulded. I attempted to fit the handles, made from very fine stretched sprue, but there wan't enough surface area to glue! Also visible here are the bead stand-by sight and canopy rails, both from stretched sprue, the hand-hold cover, from paper, and the white 'spot' which is the top nav lamp, and has yet to have a second application of 'Kristal Klear'. Just visible behind the wing is the retractable boarding step.
PIC 3. Fitting the IFF wires, in this case 'Invisible' mending thread. The attachment points will be cleaned-up when set, and the 'wires' given a metallic finish.
I'm just waiting for parts of the display base to dry, in order to complete the final touches, and I should have some pics of the completed display later today.
Thanks once again to you all for your continued interest and compliments.

Attachments

• BC Hurricane 201.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 108
  • BC Hurricane 202.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 113
  • BC Hurricane 210.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 110
Terry
I told you that you should stay at home watch the wedding!!!
Getting down the pub invariably leads to trouble!
As ever the Hurri looks fabulous we really cant wait to see the finshed result!

Thanks very much chaps ! The finger has healed well, and I should have pics of the finished display later this afternoon or early evening - working on this and the diorama for Bottisham at the same time.

Well, here it is; Hurricane MkIIc, BN637 at Chittagong, India, May 1943. Now all I have to do is transport it safely to meet Max and Barbara at Bottisham / Duxford on Thursday !
Thanks very much for all your support and kind comments during this build, and hopefully it has been of some use to some of you.

Attachments

• BC Hurricane 229.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 103
  • BC Hurricane 224.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 93
  • BC Hurricane 226.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 99
  • BC Hurricane 215.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 101
  • BC Hurricane 222.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 105
  • BC Hurricane 218.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 97
  • BC Hurricane 235.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 101
  • BC Hurricane 212.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 87
You've really outdone yourself with these last two builds Terry!!! The weathering is spectacular! And what you had to start with on this last one. I know that old Monogram Hurricane well having built it a couple of times. I wouldn't have believed this finished model started with that primitive kit unless I had watched you put it together every step of the way. And that Base is just the icing on the cake!
WELL DONE!

Users who are viewing this thread