1/48th scale Wessex HAR.2, 22 (SAR) Sqn, RAF Valley, 1990.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks very much Wayne. Can't go much further at the moment, until some materials arrive, so back to the Tornado, and more decals!

A few small things have been attended to, as no further construction can continue until the new nose is fitted and blended into the fuselage. Once the balsa and tube arrive, I can proceed with the exhausts, then make, fit and blend the new nose and intake filter. Meanwhile, here's where it's up to so far.
PIC 1. The cockpit roof switch panel has been retouched. It's a little ragged in parts, but it will only be seen from mainly 'side on', and then only at certain angles, when the light is right and the tide is out!
PIC 2. The instrument cowl has been finished, and the rear bulkhead switches retouched. A few more switches and buttons have also been painted on the top of the instrument cowl edge.
PIC 3. The windscreen/roof has been fitted and glued in place, with the tape holding it as tight as possible. Due to the lack of tension in the open side hatches, the fit is rather 'springy', and some small amounts of filler, probably stretched sprue and PVA, will be needed before painting the model.
PIC 4. Despite a good fit at the base, there is a small 'step' between the screen and cockpit scuttle. This is not a problem, as this area will need to be re-contoured once the new nose is fitted, and can be rectified at that time.
PIC 5. The rotor shaft crown has been fitted to the gear box upper cover, and 'Silon' mesh glued onto the cover plate. The tape strips, which are also glued in place, are representing the alloy frames, and have yet to be completed.
PIC 6. The gaps around the gear box access panels have been filled with stretched sprue, and are in the process of being sanded here.
So, until the required materials arrive, and the mould for the new nose is made, that's it for now. More just as soon as some progress is made. Thanks again for your continuing interest and kind comments.

Attachments

• Wessex Build 206.jpg
    Wessex Build 206.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 87
  • Wessex Build 211.jpg
    Wessex Build 211.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 88
  • Wessex Build 213.jpg
    Wessex Build 213.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 90
  • Wessex Build 215.jpg
    Wessex Build 215.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 85
  • Wessex Build 222.jpg
    Wessex Build 222.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 91
  • Wessex Build 225.jpg
    Wessex Build 225.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 86
Thanks very much Vic and Jan - I'm enjoying this build quite a lot. Looking forward to getting the balsa block, and seeing how long it takes to get the mould right for the new nose!

Thanks Matt and Andy. I had intended to only 'make a start' on this one, but seem to have got sucked in! Almost forgot about the Tornado for the GB !

Thanks Wayne
I'm in the process of marking-up a plan drawing for the other modifications which need doing eventually - over 30 so far, albeit mostly minor things such as antenna mounts, small intakes etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back