1/48th Spitfire Vc, 136 Sqn, Burma, 1943-44.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice!....I'm tempted to attach that Vokes filter you sent me the other day to my Vb and turn 'trop' too....but first I GOTTA finish up a thing or two before I start something new.

What about the colours of this bird? the typical SEAC scheme with white ID bands? (I like that scheme a lot)

Thanks chaps.
Jelmer, the colour scheme is Dark Green/Dark Earth/Medium Sea Grey, with ACSEA roundels, and MSG code letters. No white bands - they came much later.
Got a bit more done, with the internal wing sections now 'plated' over the apertures, using plastic card, and the outer surface apertures in the lower wing roughly filled with plastic card, on top of the internal 'plates'. These will then be filled and smoothed, using 'Milliput' and, eventually, the small, elongated blisters added. The upper wings will have the ICM blisters 'dropped in', and filled as required. (the notches in the larger 'plates' are there to clear around the wheel wells.)
Thanks for your interest, and more soon.

Attachments

• Bob Cross Spit V 012.jpg
    Bob Cross Spit V 012.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 148
  • Bob Cross Spit V 013.jpg
    Bob Cross Spit V 013.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 124
  • Bob Cross Spit V 014.jpg
    Bob Cross Spit V 014.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 124
Thanks Wayne. Just filling the slight gaps around the new cannon covers, and plugging the ejector slots etc. Might have some pics later.

Thanks Gerry. Most of the filling-in has now been done, just waiting for the putty to set. Got to go out for a bit, so probably post pics tomorrow.

This is the state of play so far.
PICS 1 and 2 Show the upper wing, with the new cannon blisters in place and filled. These will now be primed, to smooth out any imperfections, and lightly sanded as required.
PIC 3. The lower wing, with the holes where the cannon blisters were now flush-filled, and the new radiator and oil cooler in place.
PIC 4. The correct oil cooler, which was sourced from the old Airfix kit, and trimmed to fit. There is still some work to be done to seal this around the joints, and smooth out the joint line of the two halves.
PICS 5 to 7. The 'patches' over the cannon blister holes have yet to be primed and polished smooth. The deeper, tropical radiator bath, again from the old Airfix kit, has replaced the incorrect kit part, and has yet to be tidied up. Only a small amount of trimming around the trough in the wing was needed for this part to fit snugly.
The front screen from the kit was used, fitted inside the bath after minor trimming, and the support stays in the rear shutter were added from stretched sprue.
Next step is to smooth-out any blemishes on the filled areas, then engrave the correct access panels etc, before drilling the locating holes for the cannon barrel sleeves and stubs, which will be fitted later.
Thanks again for your interest, and I'll post another update soon.

Attachments

• Bob Cross Spit V 021.jpg
    Bob Cross Spit V 021.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 122
  • Bob Cross Spit V 022.jpg
    Bob Cross Spit V 022.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 118
  • Bob Cross Spit V 019.jpg
    Bob Cross Spit V 019.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 139
  • Bob Cross Spit V 017.jpg
    Bob Cross Spit V 017.jpg