10 days to Group Build #16

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

With Jan - go for it Charles!

Not a judge, but I certainly hope this isn't restricted to military types! Considering a Supermarine S.6B or GAL Monospar in civvy scheme time permitting.

It was my understanding that anything that flew between 1914 and 1939 was fair game, I certainly hope it's not just military only, there are so many cool aircraft from that time...

I don't have anything suitable in limited stash so will give this one a miss. Looking forward to GB17 next Feb I have a choice of two Me262 or a Fieseler Storch 156C
Vaughan

Plenty of time to hit the hobby store, '14 to'39 covers alot of stuff! But if nothing else, keep an eye on some of us less tallented (Me) and give advice.

Talking of less talented . . .

Looks i managed to win an Academy 1/48 I-16 Type 10 from fleabay for the much more reasonable sum of £8.05 !

So Spanish Civil War here I come . If I am feeling cocky I may even try and add the rope they used to retract the undercarriage ( i assume they let gravity take care of deployment )

Wooo very coool so many options for the color schemes of a couple countries with that one,

I've got an balsa Cessna O-1E "Bird dog" in my stash for GB #17. I think that qualifies as an "observer" aircraft. Which prompts a question: Does the Lockheed P-38 qualify for the heavy hitters GB #18 ??? I've got a Comet Model Airplane Co. balsa P-38 with a 36 inch wingspan I'm itching to get my fingers into.

How about it Terry, Vic, Wayne, or Wojtek ???

Charles

No friggin way! They used rope to pull up the gear? I learn something new on this forum everyday!

Charles, I was looking at doing a Bird Dog as well, but decided on a jet for a change on #17, so have an F9F-5P from CVA-10 USS Yorktown. I wanted to do a swept wing Cougar, but no one makes one in 48th, now what's That all about.....

And Paul, I knew you weren't fishing, but you do great work.

Users who are viewing this thread