2010 Olympic Ice Hockey

or the last guy to get a breakaway just kept going on the canals:lol:

Our most popular event is the elfstedentocht (11 towns tour), 200 km of skating through the canals preferably at -15C :)
 
Last edited:
Sorry Canadian friends. I hate to say it but i cant decide which victory is sweeter... the Russians or Canadians. Trouncing either is a beautiful thing for different reasons.

.
 
Thats the point... beating the Russians or Canadians is almost as good as a Gold..

I fear the Fins!

.
Good team to fear they play the same type of hockey as the US played , and they are a tough bunch not big but tenacious and a very good goalies in Kiprusoff and Tukka Rask ,
 
That seems fair, .
 
Gotta agree with Frank on the beating of the Canadian Team Neil, that was huge for us American fans man....

If they can beat the boys up North, the gold is within our reach....

In 1980, I dont really remember the Gold game, all I remember is the game against the Russians... I just got chills thinking about it, even 30 years later...
 
curling has one of the best traditions in any sport the Winners buy the losers drinks ,

Kinda takes away the incentive to win though doesn't it:lol:
 
OK guys.. I have 2 TVs in my living room.. Next Hockey game at my place...

Smoked Mullet
fresh brautwurst
stone crab

Followed by a poker game
.
 
My next and all the previous games- in the pub. It´s hard to have nothing but beer for a breakfast and it will be the same tomorrow again (4am) but once in 4 years I guess I´ll make it out. I hope our boys will make it out as well.
No seriously, I don´t go there just to drink beer but I hate watching the matches like that alone at home. I always have to be with as much fans as possible.
 
Last edited:
Frank, keep the mullet and I''l take the platter of stone crab and we gots us a deal...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back