A bunch of firsts.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
Well, I've been a member now for four weeks, and got a number of firsts.
I first joined this forum site as a result of seeing a posting about 625 Sqn. R.A.F. It turned out that the guy concerned was the Grandson of the pilot of a Lancaster that featured in my first limited-edition print publication!
Next, the first person I corrsponded with was Rochie, who, coincidentally, had been in the same unit as I had once been in!
First of all the firsts, the day I joined the forum was the first day of being connected to the Internet!
This is the first forum I have ever witnessed, let alone joined!
It is the first time that I have been able to communicate directly to so many like-minded people, all over the World.
It is the first time I have ever met such a bunch of nice people, and the first time I have been able to receive and exchange information so quickly.
But, most importantly, it is the first time I have ever 'met' so many new friends!
Thanks everyone!!
Oh! And I've just done 200 posts!
Wowza! Not bad in four weeks.
Terry.

Thanks for the kind words, Terry. I know exactly how you feel. I have made
a bunch of friends...... from Australia to Poland. And I wouldn't trade a one of them for all the mutton in Australia !

Charles

Stick around Airframes. We need more contributors with your background. And if you get your feathers ruffled, just point it out to the member or PM a mod. It can usually get straightened out rather quickly with no harm to either party.

Thanks everyone!
Mkloby, I was in Paras, and then the 'other lot' we don't mention!
The 'airframes' comes from the name adpoted for my part-time aviation art thing; 'The Airframes Studio'. Had a sort of deal going with a high street framing franchise, (they've since gone bust due to losing a claim in an American court!) the name tied in nicely with the name of the company. Seemed like a good username, as I hadn't a clue what to do when I signed-up to the forum!

This is the first forum I have ever witnessed, let alone joined!
It is the first time that I have been able to communicate directly to so many like-minded people, all over the World.
It is the first time I have ever met such a bunch of nice people, and the first time I have been able to receive and exchange information so quickly.
But, most importantly, it is the first time I have ever 'met' so many new friends!

Good on ya Terry, i feel exactly the same way. Didn't know what an online forum was til I googled something about aircraft and found this site!

It does sound wierd but u do make good friends through this site!

Oh, and congrats on the 200 posts too! Took me a lot longer than 4 weeks!

Cheers
Simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back