Airfix 1/24 scale Bf109E.....or a bed of thorns

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you my friend.

The next thing I have made a focus on, was the rudder and fin. Two shots will tell you more than me. In addition I removed the incorrect antenna wire mount at the fin top.

Attachments

• ster1.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 245
  • ster1a.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
THX guys....

True Terry. That's why I made them thinner. For correcting of these hinges I used small plates with numbers of parts from the kit sprues.

Attachments

• ster1b.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 228
  • ster2.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 230
  • ster2a.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 227
THX Mates.

And the mount of the antenna wire at the fin top. I had removed the incorrect one before I attached the new one. The new one was made of a stretched sprue of an Italeri kit.Then I drilled a deep hole centrally along its axis and in the fin top..A thin brassy wire was put into that with a drop af the Superglue. Being attached to the fine top it was shaped by sanding.

Attachments

• ster3c.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 220
  • ster3b.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 223
  • ster3a.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 227
  • ster3.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 221
THX Paul.

Then I sticked together two part that were the covering of the fuselage MGs department. At glance all looked fine.But there appeared gaps between the fuselage and the panels.The biggest one was at the prt side. I have tried to set it correctly but without any success.Still there were gaps, gaps and gaps.....

Attachments

• Ff2b.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 207
  • Ff2a.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 217
  • Ff2.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 214
  • Ff1a.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 214
  • Ff1.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 212
  • Ff2b1.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 216
I've just had exactly the same problem finishing my model too Wojtek ! I wanted to keep the saddle cowling removable, but ended up glueing it in place. Fortunately, the gaps aren't too noticeable when painted, and I've made it look like the fastening catches are unlatched, as if the cowling is loose and ready for removal.

Yep...exactly. But the time did its own.These gaps are much wider that they should have been. My first step for fitting of the fuselage part was to remove from its interior as much styrene as possible.

Attachments

• Ff3.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 208
  • Ff3a.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 209
Neat work. I hope the two halves stay joined for you - it's a very weak part of the kit. I remember mine came apart at least three times, even with a reinforcing strip inside, and even now, it's still weak and easy to bend .

Neat work. I hope the two halves stay joined for you - it's a very weak part of the kit. I remember mine came apart at least three times, even with a reinforcing strip inside, and even now, it's still weak and easy to bend .

Ha, ha , ha...... the joint was borken twice when trying to fit it properly. But I found another way of the part fitting .Having it fallen apart I attached both halves to the fuslage with masking tape.In that way gaps almost disappeared.Then I applied some of the Gunze Lemon glue to the top joint and squeezed it with a rubber band. The next day I applied some CA Superglue to fill the seam fully and shape the top surface .Also I sanded this area removing all traces of the joint.

Attachments

• Ff4a.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 208
  • Ff4.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 211
  • Ff4b.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 209
  • Ff5.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
Thank you Karl.

And I have attached the part to the fuselage finally.

Attachments

• Ff6.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 189
IIRCC This was supposed to be an OOB build. However I along with everyone else am very glad it is not. Thank you for the modeling masterclass Wojtek

You are raight . I was going to make the model OOB. But I couldn't look at these basic parts or aeras.

One problem has been fixed but the next one appared. Look at the picture please. Is all clear?

Attachments

• Ff7.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 190

Users who are viewing this thread