Airlines Terror Plot Disrupted! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

We must always remember that if you are free to think, free to buy, free to worship, and free to be what you want, there are people out there that hate us for that and want to either change you to their way of thinking or kill you. We are in the midst of a great conflict between civilization and those who want a return to the dark ages. The biggest danger we have right now are people who want to stick their head in the sand and fight every tool we need to ensue our freedom from those who hate us.

21 people arrested now. Heathrow and Standsted are pretty much closed, delays at all other UK airports vary from 30 mins to 4 hours plus. Hopefully should be able to fly out of Gatwick tomorrow close to time (looking like there shouldn't be too much of a delay - only 1 hour 40 mins at the moment).

ok sorry for the repeat and the ....... doh ............ questions but I had forst heard about 2 hours ago on a bike ride with freinds that a bomb blew up but caught the instigators. Gents please tell me what is really going on in detail.

String those SOB's up on the nearest tall tree along the Thames as a warning

Danke schon

If proved in a court of law that this was their intent they should be sentenced to death or life in prison with no chance of parole preferably in the general population

ok it appears they had liquid "weapons", whatever that may mean. pb you are most sincerly correct as they wanted to make another impression upon defenceless UK/US citizens

hang em high Clint !

Erich said:
ok it appears they had liquid "weapons", whatever that may mean. pb you are most sincerly correct as they wanted to make another impression upon defenceless UK/US citizens

hang em high Clint !

A peroxide based explosive that can be made from commonly available products so they aren't releasing full details of what it was, it can't be detected by anything so they are banning all liquids from being brought on board. Of course they need a detonator as well so you kiss good bye to anything battery powered being allowed on as hand luggage on any flights in future, not even watches. As long as they dont ban books then I dont mind. I'd be stuffed without books on a long flight.

pbfoot said:
If proved in a court of law that this was their intent they should be sentenced to death or life in prison with no chance of parole preferably in the general population
For life. Because if executed, they'd become actually what they most want - being martyrs...
Erich said:
I could think of other tortures we used to do in Nam ........... nah I won't go there
Huh, that sounds quite brutal...

the only liquids allowed on now, because it's thought the explosive was in liquid form, is baby milk, and you will be asked to taste in infront of a customs officer to make sure it is milk...............

and i believe there are only two crimes that carry the Death sentence in the UK, one, quite obviously is high treason, the other, perhaps less obviously is setting fire to a Royal Naval Dockyard :lol: the only time the death sentence would be issued for either crime is baisically if you were about to kill the queen, otherwise it will never get issued........

From what I understand, somehow, someone in British intelligence infiltrated a cell and reported on the goings on as they were preparing to do a dry run with this. If this is actually the way it was done, that was a coup in the intel world as getting infiltration into a terror cell has not been easy at all. As far as I know, this is the first time a Middle Eastern type terror cell has been infiltrated.

I flew yesterday from Burbank to Denver and back. The security on domestic flights was pretty tight, and there was plenty of additional screening by TSA and a good presence of law enforcement. Was it over-reaction? Maybe, but in cases such as these, I would rather be a little inconvenienced than dead. Everyone else that I was around were patient with it as well. You have to adjust. I wasn't afraid, as that is what the bastards want. I actually felt safer knowing that the checks were quite thorough, and I was watching things closely myself and remaining vigilant.

If it's in the name of saving my @ss and those of everyone on board the aircraft, I'm all for delays. Let the security folks do their jobs. Some of them get a little pushy from time to time, but it's the nature of the beast nowadays.

Damn terrorists. :rolleyes:

R988 said:
A peroxide based explosive that can be made from commonly available products so they aren't releasing full details of what it was, it can't be detected by anything so they are banning all liquids from being brought on board. Of course they need a detonator as well so you kiss good bye to anything battery powered being allowed on as hand luggage on any flights in future, not even watches. As long as they dont ban books then I dont mind. I'd be stuffed without books on a long flight.

We recieved a list at work of all the ingredients and I thought it was quite funny because we use all of them in cleaning certain parts of the aircraft.

I have no problem with the delays, tight security is a must.

I will have to call the airport tomorrow to find out what all kinds of security measures are taking place here so that I am not suprised when they confiscate something or what not. I dont want to end up pissed off in Paris when I had to leave something behind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back