Back in Time to Old Japan

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks, Capt. Vick and Njaco!

I didn't like Mishima as he always loved boys:shock:

"We were waiting for you, Mike"

Wow:shock:

Attachments

• DSC01546S.jpg
    DSC01546S.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 112
as are all women. i just wonder how it all started and what it represents. US women use makeup to enhance natural features, redder lips, longer lashes, darker brows, etc. in merry olde England a similiar heavy white makeup was used and became fashonable but its original purpose was to hide the pock marks everyone had at that time
Shinpachi, i saw that movie many years ago and it was indeed facinating. though i was in vietnam for several years i can't say that i ever got to know a vietnamese woman. even here i really do not know any japanese except on a very superficial level

Thanks for your attention to Geisya girls, vB and mikewint.

I have just researched about them.
The white makeup is a sort of mask to hide her privacy.
But she does not paint all so that unpainted part of skin attracts gentlemen's attention.

Once upon a time, there was a load. He was not interested in governing his territory at all but
harassing young girls. He was called 'Baka-tono(fool load)'.

How did he look like?
One of our famous comedians, Ken Shimura, plays Baka-tono with the Geisya makeup!

Attachments

• aft_IMG_1308.jpg
    aft_IMG_1308.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 449
Last edited:
Shinpachi I saw a parade which had Japanese women with the traditional kimono and make up, what the west considers geisha (although I was told they wernt actual geisha). The shoes they wore were very strange like a sandal with stilts underneath, I dont know how they walked in them at all. It was a great spectacle.

Shinpachi I saw a parade which had Japanese women with the traditional kimono and make up, what the west considers geisha (although I was told they wernt actual geisha). The shoes they wore were very strange like a sandal with stilts underneath, I dont know how they walked in them at all. It was a great spectacle.

Wasn't it Oiran-dochu(Oiran parade)?
Oiran is the queen of Geisya but, as you mention, I don't think we have true Oiran today either.

Aren't those shoes called geta's or some such thing? Trying to remember my Junior High School Japanese culture here.

Yes, they are called 'geta' - wooden clogs.
Since wooden clogs lift the foot from the ground, it keeps the foot cleaner than regular soft flat sandals.
You will also find cooks of Japanese food wearing them in the kitchen.

花魁道中1.jpg

Shinpachi - あなたはとてもありがとう

この外国人は非常に感謝しています

あなたは私を教育するために多く行っている

Last edited:
Shinpachi: 私はそう言葉の私の下手な選択はあなたを怒らせるしなかったことを、我々は友人を保つことができますうれしい

私は故意にあなたを怒らせると求めることはないことをknwてください。

Last edited:
#168 looks like the charectors from Takeshi's Castle which was an awesome show!

Wow vB! I did not know same program was on air in your country too.
Takeshi's partner then, Sonomanma Higashi, is now Governor of Miyazaki Prefecture.
He has become a real lord. He was called baka(fool) as a comedian but not today.
He is an able politician.

Attachments

• photo181217.jpg
    photo181217.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 230
Shinpachi: 私はそう言葉の私の下手な選択はあなたを怒らせるしなかったことを、我々は友人を保つことができますうれしい

私は故意にあなたを怒らせると求めることはないことをknwてください。

Your word choice is good and friendly, mikewint.
Very interesting!

Wow, I have forgot how to express my mind in Japanese:shock:

Shinpachi, i just hope that i am saying what i intend to say, the only real japanese i know is Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, and sushi (which in the US is just bait)
and as far as expressing your mind i can't do that either in any language

Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, and sushi may be good but .......
Hello, Goodby, Thank You and Sorry will be more useful:)

???
Sorry.
Kon-nichiwa(Hello), Sayonara(Goodby), Arigato(Thank You) and Sumimasen(Sorry).
Sumimasen, minasan(guys)!

Shinpachi, Wow i actually knew the first three already, guess i knew more than i realized. from my travels in europe i also found that it was very useful to know how to say "Where is the nearest toilet" and "I demand to see the American ambassador"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back