Battle damaged Ju-87 build....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

B-17engineer

Colonel
Dec 9, 2007
Revis Island.
Hey guys :)

I have been waiting for many parts, paint etc. for different builds. So I decided it'd be best to keep my mind occupied with a cheap kit.... the Lindberg I got for I think 3 dollars. Kit is VERY inaccurate, VERY simple but, that is not what I am worrying about this build. Just a flak/fighter damaged Ju-87.

Theere are bullet holes around the gunners area (Will be more visible when paint goes on) and the right stabilizer has a giant chunk taken out from flak as well as dive flaps and rudder. There will be bullet holes added after I let some things dry.

How did I cut through the plastic, easy, Dremel. You have to plan what areas that you want to damaged and sand them down with the dremel at a very high speed. After you just cut... pretty simple. For small damage all you have to do is take you knife and just twist it to create a hole.

Attachments

• 102_6048.JPG
    102_6048.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 276
  • 102_6049.JPG
    102_6049.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 285
  • 102_6050.JPG
    102_6050.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 282
  • 102_6051.JPG
    102_6051.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 280
  • 102_6052.JPG
    102_6052.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 296
Wojtek there are two now that I look. All in the middle.... but It's no prob.

Attachments

• 102_6053.JPG
    102_6053.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:
Thanks very much Jack.

I made a rather large hole and it looked pretty bare so I decided to add ribbing....I need to move it up a little more but you get the jist...

Attachments

• 102_6055.JPG
    102_6055.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 266
  • 102_6054.JPG
    102_6054.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 264
  • 102_6056.JPG
    102_6056.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 271
Harrison, I did my very first model with battle damage... Ur damage looks too clean... Take another look at some damaged aircraft and ull see what Im referring to....

Jagged edges, splatter from shrapnel, uneven holes....

Attachments

• ~~~Friday 054.jpg
    ~~~Friday 054.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 280
  • ~~~Friday 056.jpg
    ~~~Friday 056.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 275
Maybe close H, but it looks like u just drilled a hole in it.... A crooked one at that.... Alos, the thickness of the fuselage on the model is about 6 times as thick as the real thing... I can see the thickness in ur pics.... Maybe try and whittle away at that to give the impression of thin sheet metal...

Not knockin u, just tryin to get it alittle more realistic for u.... And as far as the rib goes, I'd remove it... If a cannon shell made that kinda hole, the rib would be gone as well, and there would most likely be an exit hole....

The 2nd pic is an exit hole btw...

Lol, thanks Cory, but like I said, it was my first model in 20 somethin years, and I brush painted it, not accuratly I might add....

Black landing gear??????????

It was basically a tester to see if I really wanted to get back into the hobby.... Guess u know the answer to that huh???

I still cringe when I look at the exhaust stains and the canopy fit/seal...

Oh.. thought that black stuff was scratches and paint chip, not exhaust :lol:. I dont have the gun sights like terry, so everything is 'accurate' to me. It's just one of those outstanding qualities I possess..

No mate there isn't. Thanks Dan will remove it later when I get back from school. Then will try to make it look a bit more rough :D

I just used my hobby knife for that one the other were all thinned and then cut that.

vic thanks :D

God damn it....:( It must have dropped out when I was packing these.I have found it on the floor under my desk. I'll send it to you immediately.

Sorry !!! :oops:

Hey no worries. Not a problem at all. :) :) :D

Oh Dan, funny you say that my dad said it and he is an 'old' modeller who doesn't build anymore and he told me that and I was like Pffffffffffft yea right in my mind, but now that you mention it I'll give it a go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back