Consolidated B-24D LIBERATOR; 1/48 Revell

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

... formation lights are protected with Micro Mask ...

Even before putting that antenna that passes over them, I remove the MM and with drops of future I give them the glass finish.

I decided to go putting one by one the machine guns: AC applied with a pin by the outline of the hole from outside the bubble, holding the machine gun from the inside in the correct position (photo below), then apply MKK both outside and inside , wait for it to dry perfectly and then move on to the next, ... and so on until those three finish!

With the 4th machine gun already apply the AC inside and outside and now is drying the MKK on both sides ...

The panoramic photo of rigor in this stage of the process ...

It's all for now guys, ... until the next breakthrough

Saludos
Luis Carlos

Thank you very much to all!!

I already removed the clamp and apparently fixed the machine gun # 4; tomorrow in a while I follow with the # 2 and I hope to leave finished the # 3 ... mount the bubble to the plane, solve that gap and think now yes apply the Primer (finally !! )

Good night to everyone from this side of the world.

Luis Carlos

The way in which I succeeded in adhering each machine gun was to press it with the tip of my index finger at the end and make the point fit into the exit hole, then give the desired direction and from the outside, with in pin, apply cyanoacrylate in the contour of the hole through which the tip appears; These were with tiny drops on the tip of the pin and one by one trying not to move the machine gun; Once fixed the machine gun, then with a toothpick apply MKK to reinforce the union (a little left over, at last that will be transparent when dry). All this avoiding touching the area of windows covered by the Micro Mask.

...the pictures...

... once dried, with a toothpick I removed the MM ...

I went back to check that the two parts of each machine gun coincide well and there was no mistake.
This is how the three holes look where they will fit each barrel at the moment of mounting them in their final position ...

... and the fourth machine gun, it will look like ...

I already have the 4 guns in a small container to return to action, practically when I'm done with my big bird.
With a "little ball" of Tak, I'm going to cover each exit hole of the bubble.

I hope to have some time on the weekend to already mount the bubble instead. (Can I already apply the Primer ??)

Hasta pronto

Users who are viewing this thread