**** DONE: 1/32 A6M2 Model 21 Zero EIII-117 ‘Carrier ZUIHO’ - Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

What color scheme are you going to do on this one? The Caramel
or the IJN Green?

shh quiet everyone...the master approaches and plies his skill as the master hunter of the plastique...if you sit very quietly and are patient, you will observe the rare littleus waynos in his natural habitat......

(Sir) Parsifal Attenborough

What color scheme are you going to do on this one? The Caramel
or the IJN Green?

This one will be in the Olive-Grey / Grey-Green. future one will be in the I3 Tsuchi-Iro Colour.

shh quiet everyone...the master approaches and plies his skill as the master hunter of the plastique...if you sit very quietly and are patient, you will observe the rare littleus waynos in his natural habitat......

(Sir) Parsifal Attenborough

Sweet! Michael..:D

Cant wait to see this one done!

Very nice so far Wayne!8)

I see you're going with your own mix for the gray/green. I wonder now if I made a mistake with the WEM color?. Guess I'll have to wait and see how your's turns out. Since I have to hold on till October to start on mine, I'll be all over this thread.

At one time I considered tinting my gloss coat to approximate the caramel effect over the gray/green. I read somewhere that the "varnish" used over the paint gave it the "warm" look. Not to add any confusion to this just an old man's ramblings.......

got some time to work on the seat.......it does need some work....and still not finished yet.....had to fill the lightning holes and reposition them still some sculpting to do yet.

How it started and how it looks now...

Attachments

• 4_Seat Before_1715.jpg
    4_Seat Before_1715.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 112
  • 5_Seat Progress_1721.jpg
    5_Seat Progress_1721.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 112
Funny how they can get it so wrong. What, 10 more minutes to get it right?
I had to do the same on my Captured GB planes.

I sure like to follow your builds.

Looking at the instructions of the engine area almost looks like she was destined for an electric engine at one point?I have thier 1/32 of this and I think the ole FW190 but maybe that's an old old Hase that is crude,What can you say free!Pit screams for upgrade Wayne going there? or is this a leisure build for æsthetics?

Seat looks fine, Wayne... Gotta agree with Bill. Why can't the manufacturers get it right ? Charles

Bear in mind this is a pretty old kit from the late 70's early 80's and re-released twice that I know of, Tomy originally then Swallow and now Doyusha. It was made to also incorporate a small motor and battery to spin the prop so cockpit details were pretty minimal to say the least as there wouldn't have been any room for it!

Looking at the instructions of the engine area almost looks like she was destined for an electric engine at one point?I have thier 1/32 of this and I think the ole FW190 but maybe that's an old old Hase that is crude,What can you say free!Pit screams for upgrade Wayne going there? or is this a leisure build for æsthetics?

Kevin for this one, no upgrade just the basics, this is more about external appearance and providing others with details of accurate colours used on a Mitsubishi built Zero for those that may be interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back