**** DONE: 1/32 A6M2 Model 21 Zero EIII-117 ‘Carrier ZUIHO’ - Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ok, first stage...engine components fitted together...may even add some wiring???

Attachments

• 1_Engine Start_1404.jpg
    1_Engine Start_1404.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 153
Thankyou kind Sir, I had 2 references quoting different names....

Thanks for your kind words,

...this should suffice for now....right?

Zero Fighter Type 21 A6M2 `BAKUSEN` (Plastic model) Doyusha 1/32 Airplane

Yes, that is suffice except a word "飴色(AMEIRO)".
As you know well, AMEIRO(Japanese Candy color) was a creation by a Japanese historian Shigeru Nohara thirty years ago.
He had declared boldly "The A6M2 airframe color was not the light grey but AMEIRO".
He later admitted that it was not necessarily correct as the color might be an aged light grey.

Though this has nothing to do with your ongoing subject but there is/was also another word "AOTATAMI(Blueish ot Greenish light grey)" for the Pearl Harbor A6M2 airframe color. A friend of mine who was a military paint researcher at Mitsubishi Electrics once told me "Shinpachi-san, Don't forget the iris color difference between the Westerners and the Asians. Our light grey may have looked blueish or greenish grey in the sky for those who had blue or green iris".

Thanks Wayne for giving me an opportunity to comment what I have been wanting to tell.
That is all:)

Screenshot00.JPG
Screenshot01.JPG

Cheers Guys, and for that info Shinpachi-san. i have a paint mix that was matched to a series of Early Mitsubishi Zero relics that i will use.
The colour still has differing titles of Grey-Green and Olive grey depending on where you look....

Sorry, Wayne, if I should have placed you in any confusion but that was not what I intended to do at all as I always respect you as a serious researcher of the Japanese aircrafts too. Color decision based on a relic is one way. Please let me support your style and look forward to your nice work coming up soon.
Thank you very much.

Great topic there Wayne, I hope you don't mind I did a little basic research on your topic and found this that might be of interest. From the book Japanese Naval Aces and fighter units of WWII by Ikuhiko Hata and Yasuho Izawa. Picture of your pilot prior to the battle :)

Paul

Wayne.jpg

Last edited:
Nice find, Paul!
I think Zuiho was one of the most improved useful carriers in IJN with the laid funnel and masts.
I like it.

Zuiho.JPG

Thanks Paul, got that book too, didn't think to check it! Mmm so it also states Saneyasu Hidaka.

Will eventually build the Zuiho in both the early shorter flight deck and the later extended deck with camouflage as shown by Shinpachi-san! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back