**** DONE: 1/32 A6M2 Model 21 Zero EIII-117 ‘Carrier ZUIHO’ - Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

And just how do I give the black a slight "hint" of gray ? Think I'll do it like I do my martinis..... wave the bottle of vermouth over it !

Charles

easier to just stick with the black in semi gloss Charles to keep it simple, haven't tried a mix myself yet but would probably start with 90% Black and 10% white then wing it from there....

I got a question, Why aren't the holes symetrical?
Are they for weight saving, or cooling the Pilots back?

Oh, and to answer your question Paul, referred to as lightening holes, can't explain why they are not symetrical....the seats in fact have more small holes in the sides but I chose not to add them at this point, besides seatbelts would cover some in any case....they are not for "gas" issues....:lol:

There were many parts attached like an engine starter handle beside the seatbelt holder on the back of the seat.

here is the instrument panel decal applied, the dials were cut in to sections and applied....not really entirely happy with them as they are not that accurate....probably leave them as is.....although I have an alternative that i may try out tomorrow.....

Attachments

• 8_Instrument Panel_1817.jpg
    8_Instrument Panel_1817.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 99
I like it, just leave her be :) Are you going to try to "dirty" up the cockpit a bit more?

Looks pretty good, although I'd have to agree with Andy that the white is quite prominent. I'd be interested in seeing what you have in mind for an alternative.

Good, Good :D I was just checking heheh :D

Now I thought about this alternative.....a scan of some artwork of an A6M2 panel reduced and printed to see if it was a better solution....what ya think?

If not will alter the few white dials with some other dial decals...I'm not fussed, as I said before this one is more about the external appearance rather than the internal....

Attachments

• 9_Instrument panel Alternative_1865.jpg
    9_Instrument panel Alternative_1865.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 84
Looks a little "flat", if you will pardon the expression, but with a closed canopy it would probably be fine.
The first is pretty stark, (toy-like), but the second has a more realistic apperance, perhaps a combo of the two?
If anyone can pull it off, you can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back