**** DONE: 1/32 A6M2 Model 21 Zero EIII-117 ‘Carrier ZUIHO’ - Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

2nd looks better in my opinion.

Looks a little "flat", if you will pardon the expression, but with a closed canopy it would probably be fine.
The first is pretty stark, (toy-like), but the second has a more realistic appearance, perhaps a combo of the two?
If anyone can pull it off, you can.

I agree it does look a bit "flat". Still prefer it to the first one though.

Agree with the flatness..... But,

Can you punch a panel to go Over it????? The thinnest styrene perhaps?
Or, if you have some thin Clear cover from a package or blister pack, glue an extra print to the back side, then Drill holes to match, this would be much easier and more control for hole locations. When the front is painted the template would never be seen....

Yah think?

yeah I like the first personally with all the white, just dirty it up with a bit of Yellowish/dirt wash over the panels to lessen the white and it should be fine. The 2nd option looks a bit chunky :(

You have inspired me to do a Zero in this GB :D I hope I finish one this time :(

Last edited:
Am also thinking the second is a little flat looking, prefer the first but toned down a tad with a bit of dust maybe. Once it is closed up some of the sharpness will help to make it be seen.

Well, thanks for all the input fellas, went with Plan C! found some more dial decals and overlaid some of them WHITE ones....looks much better now, will be ready for pics tomorrow night...

Isn't it tomorrow night yet?

Oh, no it's still today,
cuz I worked today
and it was tomorrow yesterday!

FYI, Wayne is 11.5 hours ahead of us on the east coast. Don't even ask me how the .5 hours got in there.... ask Wayne.

Charles

If Wayne is 11.5 hours ahead of you on the east coast, and I'm 3 hours behind you on the west coast...carry the .5 hours...add Daylight Saving Time...hmmmm, nice I.P. Wayne.

Geo

Yes and he is .5 hrs behind me. It's an Adelaide thing!!!!

Yep a 30 minute thingy from the eastern States and a 1.5 hour difference from Western Australia....unique in the world I think? We DO want to be different...:D

Now back to the cockpit.....Plan C as noted previously, cuts down that white dial stuff....and how it looks slotted in to the starboard fuselage....

Attachments

• 9b_Instrument Panel-Plan C_1889.jpg
    9b_Instrument Panel-Plan C_1889.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 92
  • 10_Cockpit to fuselage_1896.jpg
    10_Cockpit to fuselage_1896.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 95

Users who are viewing this thread

Back