**** DONE: 1/32 A6M2 Model 21 Zero EIII-117 ‘Carrier ZUIHO’ - Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice work, Wayne.

Let me add explanation why the holes were not symmetrical with my drawing.
There was a big engine starter handle as the red part shows.
It was impossible to make the holes symmetrical from the beginning.

Zero_seat.JPG

Zero_seat02.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks for that fantastic additional info Shinpachi! :D

Flat coated the instrument panel today and then used a toothpic to put a drop of gloss clear on each dial...

Shinpachi you rock, I was looking for seatbelt shots but couldnt find them anywhere :D all one type or the other, that one looks great :)

Is that the original color of the seatbelts? I've seen them in more of a brown or flat earth color? Thanks for any help and clarificiation :)

Thanks guys, slow going...but have buttoned up the fuselage and sanding and restoring rivet detail along the top of the fuselage...

Attachments

• Fuselage together_1960.JPG
    Fuselage together_1960.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 99
  • Fuselage together_1974.JPG
    Fuselage together_1974.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 95
Nice work Wayne, and a great shot of the seat and harness.
I can't figure out how the shoulder strap fastens though, and the lap strap appears to be a two pin buckle - not easy to unfasten in a hurry!
However, as there are two 'Clecos' still in the seat (at bottom right), it's probable that the photo was taken before restoration was completed, so maybe there's an extra clip or hook to be fitted to the shoulder strap?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back