**** DONE: 1/32 F4U-1 - Aircraft Nose Art GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The beast is painted. I had some camera issues so the best I could do was with my iPhone unfortunately, though it's sorted now.

Immediately before painting:

null_zps50530f5f.jpg

null_zpsb148d9af.jpg

null_zps0cae692a.jpg

Preshading:

null_zpsde8a3f1e.jpg

Painted! The blue is roughly their suggested mix of 3:1 blue to white. I didn't actually measure it out, I more eyeballed it as I poured and it looks right. The bottom gray is also their mix of 2:1, while the side gray is an absolute mess of black, gray and white, so I can't begin to tell you what the ratios are. The only problem I had was that the blue spot where the number goes didn't come out different enough.

null_zpscbedd747.jpg

null_zps34b6099a.jpg

All of it is freehand. I was painting it in the evening so by the time I got to taking photos, I had begun losing light and a storm was rolling in. Cloudy today too, but hopefully I'll get some better shots this afternoon.

That shadow is fine, just need to use the flash With the shadow.
Doesn't cost more to take one both ways!!!
It will also get rid of the fuzziness of the shot as well.

You're doin a bang up job onner, you need to make the pic wothy of it!

Well done.

I like it a lot. Should I start my Trump f4u-1. This is my state of the art camera set-up

Attachments

• Old_Camera_by_InToXiCaTeD__StOcK.jpg
    Old_Camera_by_InToXiCaTeD__StOcK.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 77
I like it a lot. Should I start my Trump f4u-1. This is my state of the art camera set-up

Funny man..................

I hope you aren't taking my suggestions as being overly critical.
These last pictures are much better. The fuzziness is just the lack of contrast between background and plane. If you look at Wayne's he is using a piece of paper behind the parts which makes a base and background. It's not a big deal.

***Now I see...... it's the translucent roof on the room is changing the color as well. You could try and put it on a table in the shadow of the garage door, which is pretty much what I do.

The plane looks fantastic, keep it up mate.

Last edited:
Concur with Karl. I also like the idea of the pre-shading of panel lines before applying spray painting, the technique certainly gives a very subtle shadow line to the finished model.

I hope you aren't taking my suggestions as being overly critical.
These last pictures are much better. The fuzziness is just the lack of contrast between background and plane. If you look at Wayne's he is using a piece of paper behind the parts which makes a base and background. It's not a big deal.

***Now I see...... it's the translucent roof on the room is changing the color as well. You could try and put it on a table in the shadow of the garage door, which is pretty much what I do.

Not at all Bill, I appreciate any help I can get! :D

Thanks a ton guys, means a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back