**** DONE: 1/32 F4U-1 - Aircraft Nose Art GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks a lot guys!

Here's a quick iPhone picture. Won't be able to work on it until tomorrow evening, hope to get the wings on, they're not glued in place in the photo.

null_zpsae4ca7d9.jpg

Moving right along Cory looking good.

That I am Wayne, finally back into the swing of things.

Here are the only two trouble spots I've noticed in terms of needing filling. The one on the bottom was partially my doing, as the way the sprue attachments are set up has them on the inside edge of the pieces on most major parts, which eliminates damage to the actual outside of the pieces, which is good, but if you're not careful it's easy to remove too much of the edge and you can cause a gap. They were easy to fill and appear to be good to go after sanding, which is surprising as I can never get seams filled well. Have to construct the flaps, and then the wings can go on. In some of the photos it looks like there are gaps, but in reality it's just black paint that highlights them.

DSC_0231_zpscf54e4eb.jpg

DSC_0232_zps927ce563.jpg

Very nice :) almost good for painting :D

Looking very nice.
I cut mine off the sprue a half mm, then use a flat file and File the surface flat. Actually I usually file the Whole of the mating surfaces flat before gluing to eliminate or minimize gaps.

Great build so far matey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back