**** DONE: 1/48 Bf 109G-4/R6 "Yellow 11" of 13.(Slow)/JG 52 Eastern Front GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Terry, Glenn. Bit more to show now.

We'll start with an overall shot showing a few more bits and pieces added. As you can see, the lower rad louvers have been installed and the slats are now on.

110318 Overall.jpg

Close-up of the port rad louvers. The lower louvers were filed down significantly to get a sharp edge at the back and to have the sides resemble thin sheet metal. The area was sprayed with RLM 02 before attaching the lower louvers.

110318 Rad Flaps.jpg

The next two shots show the starboard slat installed into position.

110318 Slats 2.jpg

110318 Slats 1.jpg

Finally, we have the spinner. Oh boy, this one's going to be tricky. The white/blue/red Slovak colour rings have been started with an overall coat of white. I then punched a small circle of Tamiya tape and masked the spinner tip to start the blue ring which you can now see. The hard part will be to get these rings concentric and I think I already messed up the white center slightly. I may redo this as the white cap might be slightly too big anyway.

110318 Spinner 1.jpg

Should get some more pics up over the weekend. An initial prime on the seams shows that I have some filling/sanding work ahead of me yet, especially around the fuselage gun insert. I'm so looking forward to that!

Last edited:
:shock: Inspiring work there Andy! Looks great! The white circle on the spinner does look slightly off center though, but not much. It's a tricky part with those concentric spinner rings in a small scale.

Last edited:
Thanks all.

Here's the spinner again. The blue was re-done, centered this time and the red has been applied. Will mask the red today and apply the RLM 70 to the rest of the spinner. The brutal close-up reveals some requried minor touch-ups that will be done later.

110320 Spinner.jpg

Next are before and after pics of the wheel wells. I didn't like the gap formed between the upper wing and the wall of the well so glued in a thin strip of card and, while I was at it, added the two ribs. The filled holes are where the holes for the upper wing bulges were supposed to have been drilled out but this would have been ugly.

110318 Wheel Well Bare.jpg

110318 Wheel Well Enhanced.jpg

Thanks for your continued interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back