**** DONE: 1/48 Curtiss P-40 N "Hep Cat" 75 Sqdn RAAF Commonwealth GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

right after my little setback earlier in the week, here's where i'm at now.

light blue is painted on the radiator lip and on the tail, man these macro shots are brutal the paint on the lip looks much better in the flesh :rolleyes:

interested to hear what you think of the shade of blue i've used Peter !!!
last pic is to show the contrast of colours on the real Hep Cat.

also were the gun barrels on P40's covered in shrouds like those on a P-47 ? if so would they have been painted in the same colour as the upper surfaces

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 95
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 88
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 91
  • HepCatandAlanThompsonresized.jpg
    HepCatandAlanThompsonresized.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Color looks right to me Karl. If you rub the line between the blue and the green lightly with wet 1000 grit wet/dry sand paper it will clean that edge up nicely, but keep a close eye on what you're doing or you can take too much off. I have to do that a lot of times with 3 color cammo due to all the layers of paint sprayed up against the masking.

That is looking good there Karl.It looks like this girl has a nice scheme with that outlying color of blue there.8) Cheers

Nice work old chap, and it'll look even better once the clear coats go on.
The gun muzzles and first inch (approx) of the cooling jacket protruded from the short fairings on the wing leading edge. The fairings were normally painted in the cammo colours, but could be partially masked by the doped canvas patches.

thank you all, here's pics of the spinner and the white stripe on the tail.

once again they look so much better in real life :oops: !!!!

Attachments

• Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 114
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 112
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread