**** DONE: 1/48 Douglas A-20 Havoc - Winter War / Eastern War WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I was able to spend a good deal of time today working away on the Havoc and very visible progress has been made Here is how she looked after today's efforts.

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

Cheers,

Jeff

Progress continues.

First time trying the white overspray for winter camo.

Still a few bits left to do as well as waiting for canopy masks to arrive before painting the glass.

Another three hours put in this morning.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

Landing gear is almost complete, just waiting for the nose gear to set before putting the tire in place.

Cheers,

Jeff

Here is how she looked at the end of today.

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

Just a couple of more pieces to put into place, some final touchups and some dullcoat finish along with awaiting the canopy masks and then she will be done. The masks should arrive in the mail hopefully Friday or Monday. I am off to Thunder Over Michigan for three days starting at 04:30 on Friday morning and will not be home till Monday.

Cheers one and all.

Jeff

Attachments

• IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    288.3 KB · Views: 98
its an each way bet as to whether soviet aircraft would be carrying Soviet or Allied bombs, but my bet is that an American aircraft would carry American bombs

The US alone supplied 317,000 tons of bombs (thats just the explosive content of the warheads incidentally) that was equal to just over half of the total Soviet production of approximately 600,000 tons produced by home sources. The Soviets also acquired thousands of US jigs and dies from the US, including the equipment needed to make US pattern ordinance of nearly every kind including bombs. the US. Additionally the Allies supplied 103,000 tons of toluene, the primary ingredient of TNT. In addition to explosives and ammunition, 991 million miscellaneous shell and bomb casingswere also provided to speed up the manufacturing of ammunition.

My, my and yet another one almost done. Nice choice, nice build Jeff, hope you had a good weekend as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back