**** DONE: 1/48 Douglas A-20 Havoc - Winter War / Eastern War WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jeff Hunt

1st Lieutenant
Jul 20, 2012
Guelph Ontario Canada
User Name: Jeff Hunt
Name: Jeff
Category: Novice
Kit Italeri #2637
Scale 1/48
accessories: Out of the Box

Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

Cheers,

Jeff

Quick question. This model comes with the option of open or closed bombay. The way it is formed is the top half of the bombs are moulded to the ceiling of the bombay and then the bottom half are glued into place. The bombs appear to be American 500 or 250 pounders. My question is, would the lend lease aircraft still drop American munitions or would the shackles etc be changed to accept Russian built munitions? If the answer is Russian built stuff then I will build her with the doors closed.

Cheers,

Jeff

I leave to others for a final word, but I believe the Soviets would use their own ordnance. Nice choice by the way. Should be a nice one Jeff.

Looking forward to the build Jeff. I have one buried somewhere downstairs. From the Crowood Aviation Series..."The bomb racks on the A-20s were modified to accommodate FAB-100 and other bombs, and Soviet OPB-1 and NKPB-4 bombsights were installed"

The soviets also used her as a torpedo bomber. Some even had a replaced turret and a navigation dome, as well as extra windows in the rear compartment.

And the would have had a crewman strapped to the roof of the bomb bay holding the bombas!

If you have the bay open, see if you can find or fab a cart with a torpedo or bomba on it.
Just sayin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back