**** DONE: 1/48 Douglas SBD-3/4 Dauntless – Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

destrozas

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 12, 2010
subject: douglas sbd 3/4 dauntless 25º Sq RNZAF.
name: sergio
category: intermeate
kit: accurate minitures
scale: 1/48
accesories: none

little history of this aircraft ( wikipedia source).

In July 1943, the 25th Squadron of the Royal New Zealand Air Force received 18 SBD-3 from the Marine Corps inventory. Subsequently, the RNZAF would receive 27 SBD-4 and 23 SBD-5 that were used in fighting on Bougainville

The model

d6b2cdd5.gif

92416bad.gif

3a0a00c0.gif

433a2396.gif

756edd44.gif

This addition to the companion plane evan my daughter from the day you saw this because not mount because it is the plane that but I have seen it is like, when I decided to start on this GB models taught to boast for him and decided both she (my daughter) and my wife for this model as well as I had no say or do, I hope to be nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great kit! Tons of detail in this one, and as I recall, no major fit issues. The only thing that they missed was the armor plate on the rear gunners weapons, but that is easy to scratchbuild. If, of course, the Kiwi's had it installed.

thanks Guys

paul certainly looketh to investigate why I comets

micdrow thanks

vic one dauntless in commonwealth colours I have seen is different but very few on the forums and other sites

I hope at least as I stay fw190d9, thanks for the support.

the plane continues its correct large detailed painting the inside by the time I only mounted the sides and not at all.

f638147a.jpg

in this part of the fuselage in the tail gunner of a piece that there is upside, this without hitting one placed to the photo, and is glued properly in place and with a wisp of color to highlight a bit more

75652b84.jpg

today if I can and my headache will allow me I will give more depth to the entire set, some more color and finish the control panel that is spectacular that brings more accurate detailed

Last edited:
go with the weathering of the interior with acrylic oil paintings of van Gohn (as always), we give the depth

7963f20a.gif

8fcddfae.gif

of closer control panel

5081dbcf.gif

the sides of two positions to avoid glare and the brightness of the light

266f9e8f.gif

d6fc4331.gif

57fa9c4f.gif

2e10fd09.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back