**** DONE: 1/48 Douglas SBD-3/4 Dauntless – Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

thank you all for your words.

after overcoming the problem of the wings I started mounting the engine section, which is l asorpresa which also has an error, the cubieto where the guns are placed front does not fit into place, especially as part of the motor bracket is wrong made, you have to touch up the area, another day of waiting, (then upload the photos you see it pair), since I have started making the engine and feed lines of the cylinders, retouching, painting and stuff because otherwise I will catch a nervous breakdown, makes the photos below so you can see that this is.
most of all because the camera battery that is charging.

Looking forward to pics Sergio!

Shame about the fit problems. Is that typical of Accurate Miniatures kits?

I have built five of their kits. Beautiful detail in all of them. Four also had a fit problem with some major component or another, nothing that can't be dealt with. I think it was the fact that they were designed as well as they were, that the tolerences are too close to the real machines, that make some bits "fiddly".

the fact is that that amount is the first of this brand, and I can be of great idea, if this kit brings these problems, but used to the vintage of 50 to 70 is not much trouble the truth.
the pics, the piece that comment as you can see I cut to fit your position even if the hole is finished when mounting fairing was solved without more, and pics of the engine is still waiting for paint finish to have to use more neutral gray color to save time.

3d8ceffa.jpg

3994f35e.jpg

f4f0e420.jpg

79b98934.jpg

Nice Sergio!

Cheers Paul, and that is quite a gap there Sergio. Have you dry fitted the canopy yet to see how that fits? A little filling to be done me thinks.

Evan and I have not tested but good fits with the file, sandpaper and whether the cutters guess anger to the site, i do not think that is the biggest problem that I have come and gone by solving half.
Vic, I do not think it's for both.

Looking at these pictures I've gotten the impression that you moved the part closing the top fuselage above the indicator panels too forward. And this caused the problem. Anyway some of a putty and sanding should help.

Looking at these pictures I've gotten the impression that you moved the part closing the top fuselage above the indicator panels too forward. And this caused the problem. Anyway some of a putty and sanding should help.

wojtek As seen in the photos but it seems I will put other photos where you see the placement of the front so you can see that is not very rise according to the plans of the plane that piece should have a higher angle to end sooner rather than produce problem because the peaks are back at the end so out of place according to plans and photos I've seen since the "peaks" just finish the line right where the top panel and just so far behind the panel.

wojtek As seen in the photos but it seems I will put other photos where you see the placement of the front so you can see that is not very rise according to the plans of the plane that piece should have a higher angle to end sooner rather than produce problem because the peaks are back at the end so out of place according to plans and photos I've seen since the "peaks" just finish the line right where the top panel and just so far behind the panel.

I understand. But according to pictures the edge line of the panel at the area seems to run at the fuselage top as well. The edge divides the top part into two pieces. Please have a look at.... can you see? There isn't a such problem.

09.jpg

10.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back