**** DONE: 1/48 Hobbycraft La-7 of Kozhedub VVS GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Also , according to my info The Russian VVS used the white paint for the winter camo scheme during the first two years of the war. Because of researchings of the NII VVS , it was taken note the white paint caused reducing of the speed of 0.5-1%. So it seems that it was the reason the winter camo scheme was given up.
I did not understand this "Changed" part! May I ask for explanation?

The brief discussion was about the white camo for Kozhedub's La-7. An artist made a profile of the plane in the white camo with the blue on the fin and rudder. However other profiles show the plane either in the AMT11/12 ( Blue-Grey/Dark Grey ) or the Blue-Grey overally with the white at the tail. It seems the white profile is incorrect. It is because the VVS used the white coat for the winter camo but for two first years of the war only. The tests made by the NII VVS revealed that the paint was reason for reducing of a plane speed at about 05% - 1%. It could be one of the reasons that the winter camo was given up later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back