**** DONE: 1/48 Hobbycraft La-7 of Kozhedub VVS GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I have begun to chip away at this one now. Simpler build than my P-40. The cockpit is rather a joke, seat and bulkhead too far forward. The side walls are a bit silly, so I just added some 3D stuff to look at. had to add the bulkhead behind the seat, so now there is no room for the radio gear. I'm already over this kit. Just going for the paint scheme now. But here it is for what it's worth.

Attachments

• 2 cockpit.jpg
    2 cockpit.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 127
I been doing some odds and ends on this one as well, work and treatments are getting in the way of it's progress.
Cockpit is painted. Haven't done the seat and floor yet. But have filled the gap under the nose, you can see how big that was. Rounded the front edge of the rudder, the front edge is pretty rough in the kit. Filled and finished all the seams. I have painted the gear, and wheels.

*Nose cowl is primed, so is the spinner, ready for the red. Props are painted as well.

Attachments

• 3 rudder.jpg
    3 rudder.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 113
  • 3a rudder.jpg
    3a rudder.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 113
  • 3c cockpit.jpg
    3c cockpit.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 114
  • 3b bottom shims.jpg
    3b bottom shims.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 110
  • 3e topside.jpg
    3e topside.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 139
  • 3d cockpit.jpg
    3d cockpit.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Thanks for all the kudos guys. This one has been a bit of a frustrating struggle as well as the P-40 as far as fit and detail. But I am back on it now that the P-40 is close to fini!
I faked in some pivot plates on the rudder. Goofed around with the pilot seat and cockpit floor and got that "painted". The Stick is painted and ready to go in as well. The red nose cowl and spinner and the area where the "flash" is on the nose sides. The gear struts, wheels and tail wheel assembly are painted. So this one is moving along. Not near as fiddely as the P-40.
BTW Lest we forget, Anzac Day.
4a rudder hinges.jpg
4b reds.jpg

It's straight outa the bottle red. But..... went out to dinner and when we returned I took a close look at it, and it didn't cover, so another spray is on order.... blast!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back