**** DONE: 1/48 Otaki P-40e 196th IAP leningradsky VVS GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Oh gees T, I'm not sure if I'm game to do That....... LOL
I just used PVC tube for the exhaust. And the cowling is seperate from the fusie and it doesn't fit all that well, And it wouldn't glue up all that well either. In fact during tape removal one cowl came off.

This was a real exercise in futility. Like I said before, I will now stick to tried and true kits.

But I will be taking other pictures when I am further along.

Is rather "dicky"........ Thanks for the kudos. It's kinda ruff. Not at all up to even what I have submitted for the last two builds. But alas it is nearing completion. Because I had to chop up the canopy, the center section didn't have a frame embossed along one edge, I masked with my electrical tape, then along the bare edge used Mr Surfacer to make the raised frame before painting. The exhaust I used PVC tube and heated the end to bend into the slot. I used a Mig prop for the smaller spinner. Used a piece of PVC sheet behind the spinner for the flat plate and drilled 1mm holes. I have to paint the belly tank, put the stars and numbers on. Then I can get on with the La-7.

Sorry this one looks so rough. It is trying to have a kit so ill of fit. But it will add some color to the cabinet, if I ever finish That one!!

Attachments

• 17c prop.jpg
    17c prop.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 93
  • 17a canopy.jpg
    17a canopy.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 103
  • 17b xuast.jpg
    17b xuast.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 130
  • 17d close.jpg
    17d close.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 104
Well allmy Zebra needs now are the deckels! Now tell me how "dee-cals" can turn in to "deck-els"?

I took a look at it at this stage and discovered I hadn't done the wire gun sight........ feverishly I finished it off, then realized, no guns, no sight! Doh.

Sure will be glad to put "finished" on this one.

Attachments

• 18 just deckels.jpg
    18 just deckels.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 117
Looks great Bill. That center section of canopy looks a bit tall though or is it me?

Okay, everyone all together now............... Pick it apart. There are sooooo many things Eye could point out.
I may break it off and shorten it. But then that would be just one less fault on this buggard kit. Now how much more work would really go in to making a good fitting kit I ask you???????

I wouldn't have mentioned it if I saw lots of other things. Fact is I don't. I think you've done a fine job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back