**** DONE: 1/48 Ju 88 A-4 - Winter War / Eastern Front WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Been getting a little done each night. Got the fuselage together and the engines as working on the gear. The Gear is the SAC 48105 for the JU-88 Dragon/DML/Rev/ProModeler. As this is a white metal gear mating to plastic I am using "Gorilla Glue" It foams up when it is drying and that has to be cleaned up but it does a pretty good job holding the white metal together. I find I have more problems with super glue then this. The foam pulles off and some time I will use a CA to help as well. The engine pods were a breeze and not much to the fuselage. I had an issue with he fit of the cockpit as the left side and right side of the CMK were too wide at one point in the back. took quite a bit of sanding on the aft two half's to make it fit. Othere thin this the kit is fitting like a good kit should.

Attachments

• ju_22.JPG
    ju_22.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 51
  • ju_23.JPG
    ju_23.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 67
  • ju_24.JPG
    ju_24.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 50
  • JU_25.JPG
    JU_25.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 64
  • JU_26.JPG
    JU_26.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 50
Build update.

Attachments

• ju_27.JPG
    ju_27.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 79
  • ju_28.JPG
    ju_28.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 77
  • ju_29.JPG
    ju_29.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 89
  • ju_30.JPG
    ju_30.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 80
  • ju_31.JPG
    ju_31.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 72
A little RML71 to start with.

Attachments

• ju_32.JPG
    ju_32.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 83
  • ju_33.JPG
    ju_33.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 71
  • ju_34.JPG
    ju_34.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 79
  • ju_35.JPG
    ju_35.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 70
Well the first looks at the base splinter camo. I got a little peel off from the mask but not to bad, let isset for a day or two and get back too it.

Attachments

• ju_36.JPG
    ju_36.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 69
  • ju_37.JPG
    ju_37.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 70
  • ju_38.JPG
    ju_38.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 77
  • JU_39.JPG
    JU_39.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 74
Thanks Andy, I think you gave me that advise before but it slipped me today working on it. Beanner to me I guess, I'll try it on the next mask of it. Couple more to get it done then the RLM 65 underside and the mask got the yellow bands and then the mask of the bands to whites out, fun, just fun.

I think those little imperfections like correcting tape lift-off, actually add to the model by adding some realistic imperfection. At least that's how I look at it... helps to approach these things with a positive mindset!

I was wondering about any peeling issues with the Vallejos. I still want to move to acrylics, I just need to learn of all the new issues and challenges with acrylics. Andy, your comments are noted.

Looking nice, Don. Real nice.

I learned years ago to lay the paint down in this order:
1) Any stripes (fuse band, white part of invasion stripes, etc)
2) Final colors lighter first, subsequent darker sides and so on.
3) weathering
4) gloss coat
5) decals
6) Final weathering
7) flat coat

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back