**** DONE: 1/48 Ju87R-2 "Moshaisk" - Winter War / Eastern Front WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys. Sergio, I see what you mean but there's adequate amounts of CA on the assemblies. Paint will hide what looks like a gap.

Good eye there Vic. They are indeed flattened, an easy thing to do with lead wire. I simply pressed the end down on my cutting mat with a steel ruler.

So the last mini-project was the center canopy section which has received a scratch built frame on the inside. I assume this to be some sort of strengthening cage to prevent the canopy from being crushed in a roll over and the kit did not supply anything to represent this here. The trapezoid frame was therefore made up of plastic rod and the diagonal braces are stretched sprue, both of which were prepainted in RLM02 before I installed them in the canopy. The kit did supply some nifty 02-coloured decals to represent some interior framing on the glass and one can be seen to have been applied in the interior center of the canopy, This piece is now ready to be masked for painting the exterior framing.

14110501.jpg
14110502.jpg
14110503.jpg

Last edited:
a view that has not seen CA's why it was saying to help me has ever happened to me that by not putting enough glue after I lost the piece and is a ... (expletives) .... great. but if you have it controlled which never hesitate, perfect.

great paint job on that Capony even ami me is very complicated to work inside the paint Caponies.

many of the jobs that do forum as I always say is a manual of how to work a model

Andy, how about making a new decal? Love to see how you do that. I finally have some sheets of blank, clear decals and some sealer. I just need to get off my arse and try it out. And, I am looking forward to seeing how you dirty this one up!

Thanks everyone.

Andy, how about making a new decal? Love to see how you do that. I finally have some sheets of blank, clear decals and some sealer. I just need to get off my arse and try it out. And, I am looking forward to seeing how you dirty this one up!

I assume you mean the funky green "Moshaisk" background Dale. It crossed my mind to make a new decal but I it's not my preferred option but a possible plan B. I can't print white onto a clear decal film and the other solution, which involves printing a green background on a white decal MIGHT work. I'm not quite at that stage yet so have not given it much more thought.

Using the close-up of the drop tank in the earlier post, I set upon making the mounts on my model. I started with the bomb racks supplied with the kit:

14110701.jpg

Bits of plastic card, rod, and lead wire were then assembled to come up with this:

14110703.jpg

One other thing that had to be done was to install the trap door for the bomb sighting window, an omission from the kit. This was simply a piece of card and I made sure to paint the inside 02 before I glued it in.

14110702.jpg

That's it for today. Some time this weekend, I hope to get a coat of primer on as the 70/71 splinter scheme will be done with some old bottles of Pollyscale acrylics, whose shades very good to me. Thanks for looking in guys.

I assume you mean the funky green "Moshaisk" background Dale. It crossed my mind to make a new decal but I it's not my preferred option but a possible plan B. I can't print white onto a clear decal film and the other solution, which involves printing a green background on a white decal MIGHT work. I'm not quite at that stage yet so have not given it much more thought.

Andy, in the case you don't need to print the white text onto the clear decal sheet or printing a green background on a white decal one. Because the kite is of the winter camo it is enough to use the clear decal sheet and print the clear (transparent) text with the green surrounding . The white colour of the camo will make the text seen as the white one. Am I right?

Ah, that's true. Will give that a thought. Thanks for the comments guys. Heading back to Nanton today to work on the Mossie. It's been a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back