<-- **** DONE: 1/48 Mosquito NF.XII - Twin Engined Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks very much Andy.
I have a lot of running around to do tomorrow, but there's a chance I might get it finished. I'm not bothering with fine details, as Dougie Barr remarked "No one will know the difference anyway!", so I just have to fit the already assembled and painted undercart and props, and such items as the gear bay doors and antennae etc. The only 'extra' will be the antenna wire from mast to fin.

Thanks Kirby. At least the clear matt worked on this one !

Just realised, I mentioned fitting an antenna wire, but I don't need to, as the NF.XII didn't have one - getting confused with the PR.IX, the result of attempting too many of the same type at the same time !
Hopefully, I'll get some work done on it later today, and might even get it finished.

Thanks Glenn. Bit annoyed about that clouded gun sight screen, but otherwise, I'm fairly happy with it.
Hoping to get the detail painting done later today, and get the remaining parts fitted to finish it.

Getting there, with the undercart fitted, and main gear doors (what a bl**dy fiddle they were too !), props done but not yet pushed onto the 'poly cap' fittings.
Got to go out again, but hope to have it finished, possibly late tonight, or some time tomorrow. Pics soon.

Thanks Geo.
A little bit delayed, as I got sidetracked for most of yesterday, but it's nearly done, and might get the final bits finished by tonight, and post some pics.

B*gger ! More delays !
Just spilled the entire tin of one of the colours I need for detail painting, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow, when the LHS is open, to get some more.
Meanwhile, I'll be mopping up paint from the spray table, the floor, off my shoes, the chair, and the cat.
Hang on - I haven't got a bl**dy cat, get outa here, you mangy moggy !!

Done !

I finally managed to get the last few bits and pieces attached, as well as the detail painting.
There's a few small areas I need to 'tidy up' a bit, and I'll probably replace the very fragile kit parts for the radar azimuth antennae, on the wing tips, with brass rod, but for now, I'm calling it done.

PIC 1. Mudguards 'dirtied' and fitted, along with the bay doors, the latter extremely fiddly to attach securely.
PIC 2. IFF antenna added from plastic rod.
PIC 3. Radio altimeter antenna.
PIC 4. Finished.

I forgot to photograph the nav lamps and azimuth antennae, and the worn-looking underside !

Mossie NFXII 46 Sqn 48 Scale 201.JPG
Mossie NFXII 46 Sqn 48 Scale 205.JPG
Mossie NFXII 46 Sqn 48 Scale 206.JPG
Mossie NFXII 46 Sqn 48 Scale 210.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back