**** DONE: 1/48 RF-8A Crusader VFP-62 Operation "Blue Moon" 1962

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ok guy's you want crooners, let's bring on the big guns..........................:twisted:...

Fly me to the MOON
Let me sing among those stars
Let me see what spring is like
On Jupiter and Mars
:D:D

Ok, so now we have Crusaded our way to the moon and across the river..............:?::?:

Question for you Jan, me ol'mate. That great looking book of yours, would it by chance have cockpit pic for the F-8A, I can find plenty of pics on later Mk's of the Crusader, but none on the earlier F-8A or FR-8A

:hotsun: :hotsun:

I pictured a rainbow, you held it in your hands
I had flashes but you saw then plan
I wandered out in the world for years while you just stayed in your room
I saw the crescent, you saw the whole of the moon
The whole of the moon

You were there in the turnstiles with the wind at your heels
You stretched for the starts and you know how it feels
To reach too high, too far, too soon
You saw the whole of the moon​

I say old boy, not bad at all! Unfortunately I think that the book is stored away with all my other stuff. But, I'll have a quick look in the cellar, just in case it's among some of tank kits etc....

Cheers mate, but please don't go wrecking the cellar..................especially with the warbling ......#-o

Found this one Vic (source unknown), but don't know which version it is. I suspect F8E. Might be useful for the basics though, if you haven't got it already.

Attachments

• Crusader cockpit.jpg
    Crusader cockpit.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 98
Ah, maybe it's an A or RF then? It was among stuff for the recce birds, but no description of the cockpit. It's a F8 of some sort though, and judging by the colours, and some of the instruments, it's an early one.

Might be in luck then, as the external shots of the RF showed the round radar screen! I'll dig around a bit more, see if I can find anything else - I have a feeling I might have some pics in an old book on the shelves somewhere.

I have pictures in a PDF, let me see if I can get them out. I was gonna send the whole thing, but if Vic wants the rest I guess he can just ask!

EDIT: Scratch that, I thought there was one in the walk around book, but there isn't! Apologies.

Last edited:
Thanks Cory, have PM'ed my address this morning. Not sure about squared off canopy of the RF-8A though as my pictures of 908 definitely show a rounded forward canopy.

Thanks Terry, that is what I'm looking for, I have the Aires detail set and hope to just spruce it up a bit.

I'll keep looking over the next couple of days Vic, as I'm sure I've got something tucked away somewhere. I seem to remember having a cutaway drawing and other stuff too. Watch this space!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back