**** DONE: 1/48 Spitfire Mk.IXb - Aircraft Nose Art GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys. Fixing the link was done with tube glue. A very small amount on the attachment point, and then hold it in place until the piece can just stand on it's own, repeat the other side. Wait about 15 minutes, add a dab of glue and coax the pieces together. Then it's just a matter of holding it steady until the glue takes hold. Another weekend over and off to camp. Nightshifts this week so it means no sleep until 8:30a.m. tomorrow. Have a good rest of your week, gentlemen.

Geo

I don't recall the fit issue with my ICM Spitty, but a possible solution is to spread the part with some spare sprue. Failing that, I would glue some strip to the joining edge and then fill in with some putty.

One putty to rule them all Geo, "Light Curing Putty" really cool stuff from Tamiya, it drys in like 15min-2 hours max sun or UV

When I got it it was something like 24 bucks, plus tax was close to like 30 :S but its worth every 10er :D amazing.

I'm a vampire anyway so working in a semi dark room is np, you can work in a light room too, but it hardens quicker. (like not a room exposed directly to light etc)

On a wee bit of a hiatus here. SWMBO has decided to reno the guts out of the house before the baby is born. Carpeting is ripped up for hardwood and the walls are lovely shades of grey. Of course, the curtains don't match anymore. Should be back modelin' next days off, but in the meantime, my modeling area as it sits now....:(

photo(2).JPG

Geo

Thanks for the sympathy gentlemen. In between the trimming and furniture moving, I managed to find a couple of square feet of flatness, so here's where I am. The top cowling panel is narrow. I studied Andy's build and there was no problem there. C'est la vie. I got the best fit and have added styrene strips to lessen the mud build up. I hate adding exhausts at this stage but whadayagonnado(I seem to have angered Mr. Spellcheck). I've also added lots of styrene to strengthen the inside joins. What would my builds be without a mud session, later tonight.

001.JPG
002.JPG

The Grand Duchess In Charge Of Everything can be seen adding the final coat to the living room.
003.JPG

The kitchen is a lesser shade of grey, FS number unknown, called newsprint. Now, having been a papermaker making newsprint for 22yrs, I informed the Rear Admiral In Charge Of Completing Me that any paper we made of that hue, would immediately be culled and thrown in the beater pit. I have never been stared at in silence for so long and decided it was a good time to walk Dawg.

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back